3-5-2

9 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

At last we'll now be rid of this retched tactical formation. 

Clearly not worked and Monk was far too stubborn to change. Good riddance. Flexibility is needed.

Along with a left back, and two replacement centre halves for the ones we have that can’t be trusted in a back four

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

Along with a left back, and two replacement centre halves for the ones we have that can’t be trusted in a back four

I would say, none of the “threesomes” Monk has tried, were better than the Iorfa Borner pairing. Agree that Borner’s form dropped off prior to switching to the new system, but the new system is neither more secure, nor makes us anymore of an attacking force. Palmer, Iorfa, Borner and a new left back, would be decent enough at this level. Until the window opens, I’d be happy enough to give Penney a go at left back

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would say, none of the “threesomes” Monk has tried, were better than the Iorfa Borner pairing. Agree that Borner’s form dropped off prior to switching to the new system, but the new system is neither more secure, nor makes us anymore of an attacking force. Palmer, Iorfa, Borner and a new left back, would be decent enough at this level. Until the window opens, I’d be happy enough to give Penney a go at left back

agreed with Penney at LB. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Nothing wrong at all with the formation, it’s all about players and motivation for me.  All formations have strengths and weaknesses, one is not fundamentally better than the rest.  With the players at our disposal I can’t say any one formation stands out as being the right answer.

Playing 3 at the back with one of Odubajo or Palmer when you clearly do not have 3 fit centre halves is clearly asking for trouble do you not think?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Borner Iorfa solid pairing and have to agree Penney should get a shot at left back. With Penney in the side it gives us more options as he is solid defensively and can cross a ball. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

At last we'll now be rid of this retched tactical formation. 

Clearly not worked and Monk was far too stubborn to change. Good riddance. Flexibility is needed.

It’s not wretched at all. 

The problem was the barmy use of inverted wing-backs.

We’ve got 7 CBs and no LB. You are going to be disappointed if you think the new guy will not strongly consider 352 or similar. CBs are our biggest strength by far.  

• Like 1