Please don't appoint Paul Cook

Guest Grandad

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sol Campbell - horrific idea. Dull, dour, arrogant. It'd be like reading your posts over and over again

This coming from the man who must have posted that Paul Cook hasn't fininshed higher than mid table in the Championship a thousand times! 

lol

Steve Bracknall it is then?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

My dream team would be Keegan and DiCanio

And yes - I'm being deadly serious

Do you get to see posts before they are actually submitted?

I'd barely pressed submit before you had replied! :ph34r:

Much as I admire your ambitious suggestion I can't see Keegan ever arguing with anything Di Canio says. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you get to see posts before they are actually submitted?

I'd barely pressed submit before you had replied! :ph34r:

Much as I admire your ambitious suggestion I can't see Keegan ever arguing with anything Di Canio says. 

lol

It would be spectacular fun though

Whoever comes  in all I want is for them to smile, to make us smile, to make the players smile and enjoy themselves again, and to keep smilling and not to do the usual and stop smiling after three months, start playing defensive football, and then sit miserable as we slide down the league before inevitably getting booted out

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

It would be spectacular fun though

Whoever comes  in all I want is for them to smile, to make us smile, to make the players smile and enjoy themselves again, and to keep smilling and not to do the usual and stop smiling after three months, start playing defensive football, and then sit miserable as we slide down the league before inevitably getting booted out

Me too!

I know you pushed all the media stuff in the summer and the positive vibes and the huddles and all that but you can tell when it is all a bit contrived.

The players used to look like they enjoyed playing under Carlos and under Bruce for a brief spell. Obviously winning helps morale and enjoyment but playing for us over most of the past 3 years has looked like hard work that brings little reward at the end of it. 

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really

Don't really want anyone that's been mentioned

lol

Nigel Pearson would be a nightmare scenario and he'd headbutt Chansiri and strangle 'westy' in under a year of working for him

Paul Cook hasn't finished above mid-table, his last position he got relegated and this club's too big for him

The Cowleys was just a really really embarrassing shout  last time from our fans and that's before they went to Huddersfield and really demonstrated their true ability

Tony Pulis would lose so many I-Follow viewers and ticket buyers it would cost more in lost revenue than it would to go out and get Alex Ferguson and pay him to manage us

Carbone's not even text yet to beg for it

Waddle and Sheridan combo - nope - not having that idea

David Wagner - no chance. He was rubbish on X-Factor too

Sol Campbell - horrific idea. Dull, dour, arrogant. It'd be like reading your posts over and over again

Phil Neville - bizarre idea. Too manc for me, and has a triangle head so that rules HIM out

Lee Johnson - looks like Lee Mack so the players will think he's  not being serious in training

Big Sam - If he's still alive he's still the wrong bloke, and prone to doing 'deals' isn't he? Dont' want that here thank you. Not after last time

Chris Coleman - I'd rather have the heir of coleman's mustard in charge than that bloke

'Someone that knows the Championsip' - just a  codeword for 'I'm a fan who's stuck in the 1970's so want a safe bland unsuccessful journeyman' 

In fact I don't want anyone. We'd be better off without one I think. Nobody to moan about, nobody  to whinge at when they announce their lineup etc

Let's just break tradition and do without

From that I think you would be on board with Eddie Howe.

14 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Pompey bigger than Wednesday?

Are you on crack?

They've won the League twice since the war, and played in two fa cup finals this century.

The vast majority of fans in this country would see them as more successful than us. 

What do you mean by bigger anyway?   Most folk only care about now, not what we did in the 1890 Cup Final.  

27 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Pompey bigger than Wednesday?

Are you on crack?

I wouldn't say Portsmouth are bigger than Wednesday but Portsmouth were the biggest club on League 2 when he took over which must come with expectation.
I wouldn't say Paul Cook is the ideal candidate, if they was an ideal candidate they wouldn't come to us.

But out of the realistic people who are available he would be my choice.