Please don't appoint Paul Cook

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

Please - go for an experienced manager with a track record of success in this Division.

Not someone whos only ever won promotion twice - in divisions below this one.

Lets not waste any more time hoping we can get someone who will give it a good go - lets get someone like we did with Bruce. Someone we can believe in - rather than put out hope in.

Paul Cook.

The most recent example anywhere in world football to relegate a team from this league who got a points deduction.

Replacing Garry Monk, the most recent example anywhere in world football to keep a team in this league with a points deduction.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Please - go for an experienced manager with a track record of success in this Division.

Lets not waste any more time hoping we can get someone who will give it a good go - lets get someone like we did with Bruce. Someone we can believe in - rather than put out hope in.

Have to agree...time to punch above our weight and get a big name in.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Paul Cook would be very underwhelming.

Now is not the time to be gambling on unproven managers at this level.

If I had to pick between Cook and 2 hats Pearson,its Cook for me.

Pearson colluded in the bad taste in the mouth affair of the the Hurst Saga.

Dont trust him or Hurst senior regardless of the fact they were superb players for the OPwls

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grandad said:

He got three promotions. With 2 clubs that were in a massive mess at the time and then solidified Wigan. I don't want him either anymore as he and windass don't get on and he is the only striker we have who actually looks like scoring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Someone like Bruce is not going to come.

Nigel Pearson is only name that is equivalent to Bruce without a job and I very much doubt he would even entertain coming with our points deduction, low budget, dysfunctional running of the club and poor playing squad.
Chansiri was right we are not a big club to attract a big name.

• Like 3

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

What's the point in this thread?

Chansiri is hardly gonna be sipping his morning coffee, scrolling through Owlstalk and spotting this thread and going "Ah, the Oracle Grandad has spoken". *phones up Cook*. 

"Hi Paul... yes I know you're on the Snake Pass, but listen, this bloke called Grandad has asked nicely... I'm afraid you should turn around. Yeah, it's just not the job for you. Don't worry, I'll pay for petrol".  

One of two things are going to happen... either we hire Cook, at which point there's already a small gaggle of dissenting voices on Day 0, or we don't and we get someone else. The former scenario is just a fat load of unneeded negativity in a very negative season so far, the latter scenario renders this thread pointless. So essentially, the only scenario this thread has a reason to exist is to be negative about a manager the very millisecond he walks through the door. Kind of callous really.

Its called discussion pal

Its why the website exists. I thought you'd have got that by now