Who will the club appoint now Garry Monk has gone?

Just now, H2Owl said:

I think we need a character, someone that will stand up to Chansiri and grip the football side of things.

If Pearson was ever going to take it now would be an ideal time for him. Fans happy with 4th bottom and that’s achievable from here. 

I think a manager who was doing a decent job in the Premier League and shocked everyone when he was sacked won’t fancy a Championship relegation scrap 

7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I just hope the fan base give the next man a chance

Otherwise we'll be doing this again in 12 months

In all fairness I gave Monk last season and was on his side at the start of this but we are no better off. Managers don’t get time like they did previously and Monk will land on his feet elsewhere. Just a shame this want a few weeks ago and we could have gone for Hughton again.

Irish League Manager Terrence Lenegade has already been tipped for the job by SkyBet

Done absolute wonders in Ireland and I reckon he could easily step up in the Championship. Unproven at this level I suppose but lots of managers who have done well in this division have managed to get results. He could even come in on a short term basis to keep us up (which is definitely the best we will do this season).

Thoughts everyone?

MtM

image.png.0f82e74d4d6d26d79a8d502aa3b0ccb9.png

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I’d love it if we had a long term plan and gave a young manager time to build something, ie Eddie Howe.

But failing that, if it’s a case of getting the current crop better motivated and organised then McCarthy and Cook would be my choices closely followed by Allardyce or Pearson.

Wednesday tend to do better with big personality managers and ambitious appointments. 

Not that I trust Chansiri to make an inspiring appointment for one second...

What a huge contradiction in what you have just said - McCarthy and Allardyce are an ambitious appointment? Good grief I give up

• Like 1