Who will the club appoint now Garry Monk has gone?

3 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

I think DC needs credit for the timing of the dismissal.  I thought it would rumble for another month yet before making a decision. Well played DC especially being at the beginning of the two week break.

Obscure 90's manager choice: Egil Olsen

Who I think DC will choose: Paul Cook

Who I want: Nigel Pearson

Who I would be devastated with: Tony Pulis or the Cowleys 

Not sure why the clamour for Paul Cook, has anyone genuinely watched a lot of his sides in action on a regular basis over the last few years?

I can genuinely tell you that most of the Wigan fans hated him, given I live with and talk to a lot of them. That said, I’ve been called a liar on here for stating these facts......

• Haha 2

Pearson is the absolute standout name from the pool of out of work managers. Proven expert in survival at Southampton and Leicester and very unfortunate at Watford not being allowed to see the job through. On top of that he has won the title with Leicester and basically assembled the team that won the PL. 

I know he’s said he would be unsure of taking the job as he enjoys living in the city. But the question HAS to be asked. 

Cook - The best of the Championship standard managers. Plays an attacking brand and showed he can really galvanise a group of players in a worse position than we are in. 

• Like 2

I want Pearson. Don't think he'll come though.

I think it'll be the Cowleys. All the reports were that they'd just missed out last time

Failing that it will be an obscure one, someone who's won a promotion from the Austrian Tiddlywinks Division 2... 

Not sure on cook. Reminds me of when Evans went to Leeds. Some managers need to be at a smaller club for their style to work. 

Biggs often tweeted about Rowett this time last year but it didn’t happen.

Easier said than done but we need someone who is seen as a coup so that fans trust them for longer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Main point here is that whoever DC brings in, he has to be given free reign and not do what the chairman says, as has been the case with previous managers.

Not according to DC or the previous managers but a conspiracy theory perpetuated by Owlstak (site not poster) so must be true. 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Not according to DC or the previous managers but a conspiracy theory perpetuated by Owlstak (site not poster) so must be true. 

Wonder why an experienced manager didn't find a much needed player in defence...

Unless he thought, foook that will get rhodes instead..