BREAKING NEWS - GARRY MONK IS GONE

The axe had to fall, as few managers could have survived a run like that.

There were extenuating circumstances, but when a team is doing badly the manager is rarely entirely to blame.

It's a high-risk job, which is why managers are well-paid.

A nice bloke and a decent manager, but not what we need at this juncture.

One thing's for certain, whoever takes over has got a lot on his plate.

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

If DC had realised what everyone else could see & sacked Monk after the Brentford drubbing last season he wouldn’t have had to set Monks back room staff on at all.

The fact that Monk is now the 3rd manager after Carlos & Jos that DC has kept in post much longer than he should have shows that DC has learned nothing.

We're getting Bully back in the gaffer chair aren't we ?  😞

• Like 1

Can’t wait to see who our nutty chairman has lined up! Donald Trump maybe?

I have so little trust in the club to get the decision right nowadays. I still never see the sense in backing a manager (as much as you can) in the market for players and staff, despite shocking form before it, then just pulling the plug. waste of time and money. 

The chairman still thinks our poo bunch of players can get promoted too, even with minus 6 points. I’m surprised he hasn’t just appointed his son as manager and called it a day. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

A 20% win rate in his two months in charge of Genoa before getting sacked nearly a year ago........

Lump on. Sounds like just our kind of manager!

Just what I was told last night by someone who is usually on the money. Cant see it personally definitely leftfield and interesting though??

4 hours ago, BC1867 said:

Can’t wait to see who our nutty chairman has lined up! Donald Trump maybe?

I have so little trust in the club to get the decision right nowadays. I still never see the sense in backing a manager (as much as you can) in the market for players and staff, despite shocking form before it, then just pulling the plug. waste of time and money. 

The chairman still thinks our poo bunch of players can get promoted too, even with minus 6 points. I’m surprised he hasn’t just appointed his son as manager and called it a day. 

Who would you like to see in the hot seat?

It’s all round superb timing 

Fan pressure has worked for once under Chansiri and he’s cut him before it was too late 

He obviously made his decision a week or so ago as a manager is in the wings already 

Blades are capitulating on the other side and wanting to sack their own God Wilder and have no faith in their team 

Could be a HUGE turning point for the city 

• Like 1

Well done Chansiri! 

For me, it proves 2 things. 

1. Chansiri will always try his best and act with a keen interest on fan concensus

2. There is money to spend. Sacking Monk after installing his team will have cost a fair bit of money. 

His heart is in the right place.

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
Just now, bigash_swfc said:

Well done Chansiri! 

For me, it proves 2 things. 

1. Chansiri will always try his best and act with a keen interest on fan concensus

2. There is money to spend. Sacking Monk after installing his team will have cost a fair bit of money. 

His heart is in the right place.

Another mess Chansiri created. All Summer for this dross.

After Boro allegations, Monk and his mob were cheap and on rolling 1-year contracts so not costly to can.