BREAKING NEWS - GARRY MONK IS GONE

42 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

You would have thought he would have been sacked after losing to Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, not just after we took 4 points from 2 harder games. 

Those 3 losses changed my mind about Monk. To get beat by those 3 in a row should end anyone's managerial tenure.

Edited by Andrew6666
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Over the last three games for me mate , but the last match got me fully irate

lol

Was the not going for it when behind for me really and the substitutions. striker for midfielder. Oh we need a goal Rhodes is coming on. Marriot off. His tactics were a bit thrown together and hope for the best.

• Love 1

Just never seemed like a good fit pretty well the whole time he was here. I'm all for giving managers time but I could count on the fingers on one hand the number of things he's done well since taking over, so all in all glad he's gone.

In fact the lockdown and points deduction prolonged his stay if anything, was lucky to get 14 months!

Westwood back between the sticks for PNE? 

😀😀😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It needed doing after the Brentford game in March.

While it is a bad time to lose a job in the current climate football management is something of a different beast and Garry Monk has probably earned more from our club in the last 14 months than the average worker will do in 40 years. 

And he's got a few million for his land at Sandbanks. He won't be needing a food bank.

Well done DC - to set on Monks back room staff and let him sign his choice of players shows rid a fair owner - to realise he has made a big mistake and sack them all quickly  shows he is not an idiot and has learned his lesson and will take losing a lot of cash to make sure the club is ok

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

Well done DC - to set on Monks back room staff and let him sign his choice of players shows rid a fair owner - to realise he has made a big mistake and sack them all quickly  shows he is not an idiot and has learned his lesson and will take losing a lot of cash to make sure the club is ok

I think the fact he let him choose players and his backroom staff then sacked him after 11 games shows he IS an idiot. Monk should have gone before the end of last season so the new man could have spent what little money we had available on his players to fit his system. I don't like to slag DC and I'm sure he has our best intentions at heart but he really hasn't got a clue. Another wasted transfer window but at least some players are on loan or shorter contracts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

...... the managers decide who comes in. Bruce publicly said he had the final say on players coming in. As did Monk. Can we quit this conspiracy that some dark force brings in players and the manager has no input until they turn up unannounced for training. 

Not saying the manager doesn't get a say on who comes,its about who he gets to select FROM that needs to be smarter,the quality and the whole process needs an overhaul,lets face it our recruitment after CCs 1st season has lead us to where we are now.

39 minutes ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

If DC had realised what everyone else could see & sacked Monk after the Brentford drubbing last season he wouldn’t have had to set Monks back room staff on at all.

The fact that Monk is now the 3rd manager after Carlos & Jos that DC has kept in post much longer than he should have shows that DC has learned nothing.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You should know full well by now that Dom's gone down the clickbait route mate 

Anyone clicking it deserves what they get

Owlstalk in criticism of swfc journalist shocker! 

Has Dom sold out?