Better the Devil you know.

3 minutes ago, Lump On said:

I don't want Monk sacked, in fact I almost fear it happening. The reason for this Is I do not think we would have anyone lined up and it could take months to get a replacement in a lockdown/pandemic world and that tells me that Bullen would be given the job until someone was appointed.

Now that does scare me!!! I like Bullen but only when he's not managing the team. I don't think we will go down under Monk and don't think we will go up under Monk but giving him time and the world time to settle down might just benefit us loads more than sacking him and making things worse.

Lets get to May and hopefully we will be in mid table obscurity and in a much better place to make an informed decision.... I mean we might even line someone up before we actually get rid of him should we need to.

Naaa...where's the fun in that

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Lump On said:

I don't want Monk sacked, in fact I almost fear it happening. The reason for this Is I do not think we would have anyone lined up and it could take months to get a replacement in a lockdown/pandemic world and that tells me that Bullen would be given the job until someone was appointed.

Now that does scare me!!! I like Bullen but only when he's not managing the team. I don't think we will go down under Monk and don't think we will go up under Monk but giving him time and the world time to settle down might just benefit us loads more than sacking him and making things worse.

Lets get to May and hopefully we will be in mid table obscurity and in a much better place to make an informed decision.... I mean we might even line someone up before we actually get rid of him should we need to.

I'm not sure monk is the man to keep us up tbh. Bullen's win percentage is quite good over the 15 games hes had in charge so not sure why that would be such a bad choice.

• Thanks 1

I feel bullen has been judged very harshly for the caretaker roles he has done. Both times he has come in he hasn't done a bad job whatsoever. He steadied the ship massively after Jos and made some good common sense decisions. Then at one point after Bruce left it looked like he might get it permanently until we had a couple of bad results which put us to a position in the table we would love right now... 

A lot have jumped on the bandwagon and made their mind up he isn't good enough. I'd still have him over Monk right now even though it wouldn't be what I would like to do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Lump On said:

Giving him time and the world time to settle down might just benefit us loads more than sacking him and making things worse.

Yes because a year isn't enough time is it ffs

• Like 1

Its difficult..IF there was a viable candidate fair enough...but lets be honest, apart from a couple who are in work, the options are "Meh"..all sorta "Been there not quite done it" candidates.

Much like Monk

Nigel Pearson would be my pick, but time and time again he has said he doesn't want it.

I can understand that, apart from living fairly local and not wanting the hassle, he has a reputation with Wednesday as the only Captain to win owt in ages...Why blot that copybook?

The actual remit of a new incumbent, would be simple survival in the Championship.....Its hardly "Shooting for the stars" ....is it?

There aren't many "Mavericks" left...Like say a Big Ron....There are not many who have a bigger profile than the players , nor the chairman...Thats what we need....Someone who doesn't give a flyer for what the fans, chairman, nor players think...My way or the highway...

We need someone who seemingly doesn't bloody exist anymore!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Bullen's win percentage is quite good over the 15 games hes had in charge so not sure why that would be such a bad choice.

The trouble is that Bully's stewardship tends to have a particular profile each time; a couple of good results followed by increasingly poor ones.

Sorry, but not the man for the job.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its difficult..IF there was a viable candidate fair enough...but lets be honest, apart from a couple who are in work, the options are "Meh"..all sorta "Been there not quite done it" candidates.

Much like Monk

Nigel Pearson would be my pick, but time and time again he has said he doesn't want it.

I can understand that, apart from living fairly local and not wanting the hassle, he has a reputation with Wednesday as the only Captain to win owt in ages...Why blot that copybook?

The actual remit of a new incumbent, would be simple survival in the Championship.....Its hardly "Shooting for the stars" ....is it?

There aren't many "Mavericks" left...Like say a Big Ron....There are not many who have a bigger profile than the players , nor the chairman...Thats what we need....Someone who doesn't give a flyer for what the fans, chairman, nor players think...My way or the highway...

We need someone who seemingly doesn't bloody exist anymore!

Great post mate. 

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

The trouble is that Bully's stewardship tends to have a particular profile each time; a couple of good results followed by increasingly poor ones.

Yet Monk doesn't even muster a couple of good results - 34 games since back to back wins suggests he can't get any consistency in either results or performances.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, jrh said:

I feel bullen has been judged very harshly for the caretaker roles he has done. Both times he has come in he hasn't done a bad job whatsoever. He steadied the ship massively after Jos and made some good common sense decisions. Then at one point after Bruce left it looked like he might get it permanently until we had a couple of bad results which put us to a position in the table we would love right now... 

A lot have jumped on the bandwagon and made their mind up he isn't good enough. I'd still have him over Monk right now even though it wouldn't be what I would like to do. 

After he took over caretaking after Jos he virtually begged for someone to come in. That was with supposedly better quality players than we have now.

He's ok for a few games but has none of his own philosophy. 

Obviously that was a few years ago now. I don't know if he's gained more badges since then but to me it would be a huge risk as I'm not sure he's ready for a club of this size and complexity yet.

Guest Grandad
23 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Monk has only just begun the rebuild badly needed at the club, every one has said so, and it will take at least 2 seasons before we are in a position to make a move towards the play off's.

The squad need's an input of pace to make the difference.

Listening to the Chairman's press conference - he hasn't got the luxury of 2 seasons

31 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It's hard to judge with having three or four games in each spell but over the course of the season we would be reaching mid table under his form. Under monk we're in a relegation scrap. We would be 21st without the deduction behind the likes of Barnsley and Rotherham which is pretty poor with the squad we've got.

If anyone at the club thought Bullen could trully do a better job he would have the job. Bullen is a good coach who is lucky to have been retained by a number of managers. 

We are going to attract no one better at the bottom of the championship. I think we will finish 16th or above and given the circumstances that would be an achievement and Monk will deserve credit. 

Given the injuries and sending offs coupled with loads of new signings it's obvious that we are going to be inconsistent.