Not another carlos thread.:bullen::duntmatter:

• Like 5

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

16 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Well done Carlos. I wouldn't rule out DC bringing him back here, I really wouldn't. 

Yeah, i mean 2nd in the portugese first division having just beaten benfica I bet he’s just sat at home this morning wishing DC would pick up the phone

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Yeah, i mean 2nd in the portugese first division having just beaten benfica I bet he’s just sat at home this morning wishing DC would pick up the phone

Fairly obvious for everyone that beating Benfica is a "come and get me" plea.

• Haha 1

Left us in the **** with some of his signings. Around 25m spent on Van Aken, Abdi, Reach and Rhodes. Chairman said his managers decide what they want and he makes the final call and I believe that. Therefore, we are in this mess because Chansiri put too much trust in the wrong man in Carvahal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Pity we haven’t got another 40 million for him to spunk on crap players 

He got us to the play offs  ,the Holy grail for a lot of supporters 

Failure in them doesn't seem to matter 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, jrh said:

Left us in the **** with some of his signings. Around 25m spent on Van Aken, Abdi, Reach and Rhodes. Chairman said his managers decide what they want and he makes the final call and I believe that. Therefore, we are in this mess because Chansiri put too much trust in the wrong man in Carvahal. 

I wouldn’t put Reach in that bracket, I thing we’ve had decent value from him, although he hasn’t hit the heights I thought he might be capable of.  As far as Carvalhal goes, I’m still not convinced he was directly involved in signing players.

13 minutes ago, jrh said:

Of course cc bought the players...i suppose stuart gray bought sergio bus..

What he’s doing at Braga, and what he did at Rio, shows he can do it without money as well Perhaps had we not foisted all those crap players on him post Wembley, he might have succeeded here

• Like 6