Merchanbloodydise

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Megastore always seems to have a huge line of people buying things, I often go in just for the sake of it. I've never seen anyone buying anything in the Meadowhall one.  

Maybe it makes a lot despite being rubbish at the ground? hence they feel little need to improve things. Even the Castleford Tigers megastore at Xscape is well better than ours.

From what I saw at the one in meadowhall I'm not surprised it was full of stuff nobody would buy last time I went in shop at Hillsborough was a couple of years ago and it just looks so poor from the selection of items on sale to the presentation of the items to the presentation of the store itself,  yes I know its not exactly the first place we need to be spending money on but it definitely need looking at 

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Just looked it up and cheapest I could find was £132,500 PA not including service charges, bills and rates.

I'm unsure what all in it would cost then just an idea of having a bigger shop in meadowhall which I'm assuming would have better footfall all year round and be more accessible to a lot more people, I would even go as far as moving the store at Hillsborough and swapping it with the bar 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

I'm unsure what all in it would cost then just an idea of having a bigger shop in meadowhall which I'm assuming would have better footfall all year round and be more accessible to a lot more people, I would even go as far as moving the store at Hillsborough and swapping it with the bar 

I actually edited my post to say I believe the price quoted was just a kiosk.

Not sure what a decent size one would cost.

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I actually edited my post to say I believe the price quoted was just a kiosk.

Not sure what a decent size one would cost.

No thats fair enough 

Just thinking that in summertime there more of a chance people would be in meadowhall or when there's no football on or on a Sunday than somebody making a trip across to Hillsborough, 

Like I posted above for me id move the club shop into where the bar is behind south stand now which would be big enough for what we need and turn the megastore into the bar , think it would work well the whole back wall where the mural is would be where the bar is you would have plenty of room for seating and you could make it into a proper fans bar , 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Right, I thought, let’s sit down and order some stuff on line for Christmas prezzies, starting with the Megastore.

Apologies if this has been said before - and i’m sure it has - but what’s available is absolutely garbage, looks like the designs have come from some junior school, and overpriced at that. I even got down as far as car stickers and there’s sod all, but though I might as well get one even though it looked naff - £2 for the sticker and FOUR QUID for the postage. Retro shirts...people are falling over themselves trying to get hold of them...Megastore, nah.

SWFC are missing out on a fortune here and equally importantly the fans are being denied quality merchandise. I even had a gander at the Grunters’ on line shop and it’s much better - and it’s even the same with Rotherham.

Whoever’s in charge of merchandise needs to go off and be a bus conductor.

How many play off final t-shirts did you buy? 

1 minute ago, westy365owl said:

Haha 😄  

Worrying thing is that we feel like a club stuck in a time warp with a lot of things aswell  

Went on a tour of the san siro a couple years back. Their shop is tiny, chip shop sized.

Though both teams have loads of kiosks in the city.

That's the way forward imo, get rid of the giant shop, redevelop, a bar or whatever.

And several kiosks around the city.

13 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Went on a tour of the san siro a couple years back. Their shop is tiny, chip shop sized.

Though both teams have loads of kiosks in the city.

That's the way forward imo, get rid of the giant shop, redevelop, a bar or whatever.

And several kiosks around the city.

Thats what I was getting at with my post earlier we are so far behind I'd shift it under south stand make what is shop now a bar and open a proper store in meadowhall 

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Would love to be able to buy my 2 year old a shirt for Christmas but no way am I paying £50 for something that will only fit her a couple of months. 

Just swap her for another 2 year old when she grows out of it. Think outside the box for christs sake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The vast majority of the stuff in the club shop is absolute garbage. 

Most stuff on there would have cost a couple of quid to manufacture in some Thai sweatshop and would be worth a tenner tops in Sports Direct. But here we are selling it for £60 with a wednesday badge sewn on it. Absolute rubbish. 

Even the jackets the players wear before games .. the collarless ones are absolutely horrific, god knows what we were thinking there. 

Guest Therealrealist
Spoiler

I’ve mentioned this b4...the megastore shud be closed down..it’s running at a loss..turn the entire merchandise effort in to an online operation...the ‘megastore’ shud be a bar..it would make more in 2 home games than the shop does in a season...there’s no profit in selling a few wednesday pencil cases