Merchanbloodydise

Right, I thought, let’s sit down and order some stuff on line for Christmas prezzies, starting with the Megastore.

Apologies if this has been said before - and i’m sure it has - but what’s available is absolutely garbage, looks like the designs have come from some junior school, and overpriced at that. I even got down as far as car stickers and there’s sod all, but though I might as well get one even though it looked naff - £2 for the sticker and FOUR QUID for the postage. Retro shirts...people are falling over themselves trying to get hold of them...Megastore, nah.

SWFC are missing out on a fortune here and equally importantly the fans are being denied quality merchandise. I even had a gander at the Grunters’ on line shop and it’s much better - and it’s even the same with Rotherham.

Whoever’s in charge of merchandise needs to go off and be a bus conductor.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Right, I thought, let’s sit down and order some stuff on line for Christmas prezzies, starting with the Megastore.

Apologies if this has been said before - and i’m sure it has - but what’s available is absolutely garbage, looks like the designs have come from some junior school, and overpriced at that. I even got down as far as car stickers and there’s sod all, but though I might as well get one even though it looked naff - £2 for the sticker and FOUR QUID for the postage. Retro shirts...people are falling over themselves trying to get hold of them...Megastore, nah.

SWFC are missing out on a fortune here and equally importantly the fans are being denied quality merchandise. I even had a gander at the Grunters’ on line shop and it’s much better - and it’s even the same with Rotherham.

Can't say anyone has ever raised it as an issue on here

For about a week 😉 seriously though I agree with you. Right down to the pics of the replica kit. Not saying this as slagging the club off but they could at least make the gear look presentable of they're trying to sell it for top dollar. Really tempted to email the club and volunteer the wifes services (photographer) the gear could be made to look a lot better. 

Screenshot_20201108-131840_Google.jpg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Can't say anyone has ever raised it as an issue on here

For about a week 😉 seriously though I agree with you. Right down to the pics of the replica kit. Not saying this as slagging the club off but they could at least make the gear look presentable of they're trying to sell it for top dollar. Really tempted to email the club and volunteer the wifes services (photographer) the gear could be made to look a lot better. 

Screenshot_20201108-131840_Google.jpg

Agree in terms of the presentation, shouldn't be that difficult should it. I am no photographer but I can tell when a photo doesn't look very good,its basic stuff this really.

Had a quick look at Liverpool & Rotherham online stores to compare - https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lfc-nike-mens-away-vapor-shorts-20-21

https://shop.themillers.co.uk/rotherham/1742

2 different ways of presenting the shorts but both much more presentable than our effort which looks like they have been taken out of the wrapping put on a table and hardly even straightened out a little bit.  

33 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Just had a look on the website as I thought the store had started selling some retro shirts. Couldn't fund anything from under the main tabs so used the search function to search for 'retro' - doing this when already on a page that was showing a 'retro logo t-shirt' - search results brought up a blank page! 

:ghoulguy:

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Everyone knows what a pair of football shorts looks like you set of moaning fannies.

I agree I know what a pair of football shorts looks like,  think we'd all agree. But on the principle if your expecting people to pay a premium price for a product you should at least try to present it as well as possible. 

I get a football club can't control all for example we charge a premium for tickets but DC can't control the players in the pitch.  But when it comes to merchandise there is an awful lot more that could be done to present the products in a professional manner. I get there are extenuating circumstances like the budget for marketing etc but there are basics here which could be done to drive up standards. 

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

not seen it open in a while. United one is.

Yeah I noticed that aswell 

I wonder want the rent is in meadowhall for a store and whether it would be viable to have a larger one as the one we had was a little out of the way and was tiny, also not that I go in it very often anymore but is the "megastore" used that often ?

Just now, westy365owl said:

I wonder want the rent is in meadowhall for a store and whether it would be viable to have a larger one as the one we had was a little out of the way and was tiny, also not that I go in it very often anymore but is the "megastore" used that often ?

Megastore always seems to have a huge line of people buying things, I often go in just for the sake of it. I've never seen anyone buying anything in the Meadowhall one.  

Maybe it makes a lot despite being rubbish at the ground? hence they feel little need to improve things. Even the Castleford Tigers megastore at Xscape is well better than ours.

I'd like to see more creativity. 

And I'd like us to raise the bar with stuff like this. 

I want to be positive, really really I do. 

But its not inspiring, or imaginative. Or conducive to selling stuff. 

In no way does it represent Wednesday's fan base. 

In my mind our products are off the table in terms of buying. And have been for years. 

I'd like that to change. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Just looked it up and cheapest I could find was £132,500 PA not including service charges, bills and rates.

edit. although that appears to be just a kiosk.

Edited by Hookowl