Some stats for you

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Amen to all that mate
it's nuts

I think some fans think we're still in the 1970's where things like SAVE OUR OWLS most definitely did help keep the club afloat

That was before billionaire owners giving millionaire football agents milllons of pounds to help them sign millionaire footballers and paying them million of pounds to sit at home and not even play them

Staggering how a working Sheffield bloke would want to contribute to that utter madness when the going is getting tough

Like launching the club 1867 initiative to make money and being surprised by the low uptake, so out of touch.

Thankfully with the point deduction being reduced it looks like relegation shouldn't happen this season. I wouldn't have been too impressed in the money I paid for this season going towards a 3rd division season ticket for the same price. I don't see how they would be able to reduce prices as they would need to honour the lowest price guarantee of the 5-year/10 year season ticket holders. 

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hey Dave (it is Dave isn't it?)
I'm not being agrgessive at all!

lol

Hirsty makes great points usually but I don't think trying to convince me we're whipping in a plethora of gilt edged chances from the wings is one I can accept

What Hirsty is saying, and I'm agreeing with him, is that in general our crossing is rubbish (you're right) but every game there will be at least one or two decent crosses that accomplished strikers should be able to do something with.

Here are some stats that might help

Per game:

Crosses        Accurate 4.6 (9th highest in the league)  Inaccurate 16.2 (4th highest)

Corners         Accurate  1.5 (19th highest)                       Inaccurate 2.4 (17th highest)

Free kicks     Accurate 6.6 (19th highest)                        Inaccurate 5 (4th highest)

So, at least 4.6 crosses per game reach an Owls player. If all the corners and free kicks are launched into the box (not sure how they are counted) this figure could be as high as 12.7 per game (balls into the box that do reach an Owls player). So, yes, there are only 3 teams in the league that hit more unsuccessful crosses or free kicks than we do (hence the evidence of your eyes) but to say that ALL our crosses hit the first defender is obviously nonsense. Decent strikers should be able to make something of 5-13 successful crosses per game.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Thanks for the stats mate - nice one and good info!

That reflects both what I was saying and what I see 

And our league position 

We are 9th for accurate crosses. How does that reflect our league position and what you were saying about crosses?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Because we've done 3 crosses all season

2 have found their man

75% success rate

9th for accuracy

Sorted

Already told you we had attempted the 5th most crosses. 

Sorted. 

*2 successful crosses out of 3 doesn't = 75% success either!

Striker with  best stats sat on the bench and brought on to try and change a game with 10-20 minutes left while opposition have shut up shop ..

Fúcking criminal .. guys getting lampooned while the rest of Monks merry men ponder about with 2 goals between em.

Pitiful