I just bought a video match pass and I LOVE it!

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've never had a single issue with I-Player - despite Owlstalk HQ having the absolute worst internet speeds known to humanity

Didn't know the matches we're on the BBC!

I too rarely have any issue with iFollow... and I've watched a lot of matches on it over the years...

• Haha 3

I've found ifollow really hit or miss this season.

The audio commentaries I've listened to in previous seasons had their quirks (such as cutting out every time we had a chance thanks to John Person kicking the wires), but they connected without issue every week.

These video feeds are a different matter entirely, though. Sometimes I spend 30-40 minutes trying to get it to load beyond the black screen with the scrolling circle. No matter how many times I refresh or log out and back in, nothing seems to work.

I've ended up getting refunds on a couple of occasions due to missing a chunk of the game.

I doubt it's an issue with my setup, as other weeks it runs fine first time on the exact same computer, and when I use a Now TV pass to watch the Sky games, it works perfectly every time.

• Like 2

Weirdly I’ve never had a bad iFollow experience despite being on the other side of the world. That said, I’m maintaining my self inflicted hiatus from matches and contributing the tenner (or $20) to Breast Cancer Awareness. If we have three decent games on the bounce I’ll be back!!! In the meantime I’m watching on Twitter....FFS

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Weirdly I’ve never had a bad iFollow experience despite being on the other side of the world. That said, I’m maintaining my self inflicted hiatus from matches and contributing the tenner (or $20) to Breast Cancer Awareness. If we have three decent games on the bounce I’ll be back!!! In the meantime I’m watching on Twitter....FFS

Might have a long wait pal

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've never had a single issue with I-Follow - despite Owlstalk HQ having the absolute worst internet speeds known to humanity

As an expat I love iFollow and the service it provides. It keeps getting better too. I also like to feel I’m contributing to the club revenue! Wish there was more I could do.

I wish there was an option to turn off commentary and just have match noise like it used to be, as at times the commentary team can be a bit cretinous. Weirdly I’ve found listening to the opposition commentary team more informative and less biased at times.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I also like to feel I’m contributing to the club revenue! Wish there was more I could do.

*bites tongue about billionaire owner paying milionaire agents millions of pounds to sign players and pay them millions of pounds - matched to the 'your money pays for nothing' comment from the chairman*

Today is a GOOD day - A positive day - and I'm gonna focus only on positives and not the ordinary working man thinking they should be subsidising Keiron Westwood's ongoing holiday

lol

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

42 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I've found ifollow really hit or miss this season.

The audio commentaries I've listened to in previous seasons had their quirks (such as cutting out every time we had a chance thanks to John Person kicking the wires), but they connected without issue every week.

These video feeds are a different matter entirely, though. Sometimes I spend 30-40 minutes trying to get it to load beyond the black screen with the scrolling circle. No matter how many times I refresh or log out and back in, nothing seems to work.

I've ended up getting refunds on a couple of occasions due to missing a chunk of the game.

I doubt it's an issue with my setup, as other weeks it runs fine first time on the exact same computer, and when I use a Now TV pass to watch the Sky games, it works perfectly every time.

Are you still on a 56k dial up modem 🤣