WEDNESDAY -V's- MILLWALL - OMDT

I thought we did ok and looked the better side but we are just lacking that sharpness in front of goal.

Eight shots on target (plus that drive from Kachunga which went wide in the first half) compared to Millwall's no shots on target and limited to two half chances.

Great defensively but we need to convert such superiority into goals.

• Like 2

This goalscoring is a real issue. Thought Beattie coming in was to change all that but without out and out strikers that was never going to happen. Will have to limp to January and hope we are still in with a shout of stopping up. This wins and goals record for Monk ain't looking good. Then we MUST get a recognised striker or two in. What we should have done in the short pre-season. But oh no....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

No shocker here. We are so garbage in the final third and rarely look like scoring. 

Just exactly what is James Beattie doing with them in training?

Not played a recognised striker. Windass, Patterson and Marriott are not out and out strikers.

I'm not a Rhodes fan but he should have had at least 30 minutes today.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Their goal keeper made 8 saves 

wildsmith 0 

Yep, Millwall were bobar and we failed to put them to bed. 

It was a better performance in comparison with many of our recent games but still not good enough in terms of how we go about it. Not enough conviction to take games to the opposition from the start, even when they come to sit back, as is reflected in the amount of first half goals we score under Monk.

We started the second half well but his understanding of how it was going resulted in him taking Pelupessy off fro Brown when we were well on top and resulted in our worst 15 minutes of the half as we lost our shape and Brown failed to make an impact. 

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Quite the insult on Jos :laugh:

I can at least remember some entertainment under Jos at Hillsborough, under Monk I can’t remember any. 

It results this season that will make or break us, not the level of entertainment. Would you rather we have lost 3-2 ?