22 players sent off.

Here is  an old photo.

I am told the man getting married is the first referee to send off all 22 players in a match, the page boy is my dad - who is now 82 years old and was the cousin of the bride, Peggy.

The referee is Ken Stokes and it was a game between Everton and Leeds - apparently it was a horrendous game to officiate from the off.

ken-stokes.jpg

Long after the wedding 7th November 1964. Referee Ken Stokes who sent off all the Everton and Leeds players for 10 minutes after 40 minutes of brutal football during which one player was sent off and two carried off. Leeds won 1-0.

So wedding between 1936-39 then.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

35 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

That timing doesn't reason with me - my dad was born in 38 and looks around 7 in this photo.

Are you sure it has to be between 1936-39

No not sure at all 'S' ! I was working back from a guess that stokes was in his last year or two before a compulsory retirement age of 47 but not  even sure that ruling applied then. Yeah, your dear old Dad looks to be 7 or 8 so doing that way chances are more likely to have been immediately after rather than preceding the war.

So, How long did you remain a blonde ?    

15 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

No not sure at all 'S' ! I was working back from a guess that stokes was in his last year or two before a compulsory retirement age of 47 but not  even sure that ruling applied then. Yeah, your dear old Dad looks to be 7 or 8 so doing that way chances are more likely to have been immediately after rather than preceding the war.

So, How long did you remain a blonde ?    

Think I was about four when my hair turned dark!