The next transfer window

4 hours ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Look at Monks recent cash signings, known as a manager not to trust with money! 

Britt Assombalonga- 15million

Braithwaite- 9 million

Howson- 6 million

Fletcher- 7 million

At least 37 Million spent at 'Boro , and was sacked 5 months later. He isn't good with money

Is that Braithwaite thy now plays at Barcelona with a release clause of £300m? 

There are only 2 reasons why would spend in January, one more likely than the other.

A) If we are staring relegation in the face

B) If by some miracle we have a very good chance of making play offs.

I would take no new signings and mid table mediocrity, another 6 months of not racking up our spending and a proper push in the Summer, with or without Monk.

We aren't promotion candidates this year even after getting the 6 points back.

I can see why DC has targetted promotion, If you target survival and fail you are relegated, target mid table and once you get there everyone relaxes, job done. Aim for promotion, be ambitious. Doesn't mean we will get it.

If we are in the top 10 at the next window then a couple of useful loans might give us a bit of quality to challenge but I really don't think we will be. Save our money for the summer if possible to pick up some decent quality on the cheap.

This is a year to consolidate.

11 hours ago, MrEdwards said:

We need a goalscorer and we need to be selling the training ground the megastore the kitchen sink, and get sponsorship from D Busses D Trains and D facemasks, do whatever it takes to get a goalscorer who can bag a goal every other game. 

Should have done this in the summer but better late than never. 

But we don’t need a goal scorer. Not in modern football. Goals all over this team well that’s what I was told in the summer. Patterson and win all “will easily make double figures” and flint and dunkley are good for six each. Mmm

14 hours ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Look at Monks recent cash signings, known as a manager not to trust with money! 

Britt Assombalonga- 15million

Braithwaite- 9 million

Howson- 6 million

Fletcher- 7 million

At least 37 Million spent at 'Boro , and was sacked 5 months later. He isn't good with money

The only dud in that is Fletcher.  Assombalonga still more than decent at this level and we all know what happened to Braithwaite. How is howson a bad signing? 

Bizarre post to highlight that list especially given the market they were bought in at the time where 9 million gets you Rhodes.

16 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

For the love of god I seriously wouldn’t trust Monk with wads of cash in a transfer window if our current crop of latest signings are anything to go by!

Early days for the new signings but it looks as though they are mostly mediocre doesn’t it.

• Like 1

Unless we are near the top, or more likely the bottom, I don’t think we’ll see much transfer action. If an opportunity came up to snatch a younger talent whom we could develop, maybe then we might do some business. Quite frankly, we made such a mess of the summer signings, that DC must be wary of committing any more funds, even if he can. Ridiculously, our summer business has ended up providing more questions than answers. The biggest conundrum is in attack. I always said it would be difficult to replace a whole department, but I didn’t expect us to make such a pigs ear of things. Monk has brought in four new strikers, and there isn’t a pairing amongst them. He might have more joy if he set them up as a three, but he seems wedded to the current system, which means he needed an entirely different group of strikers Aimless, and wasted recruitment in my opinion