The next transfer window

We need a goalscorer and we need to be selling the training ground the megastore the kitchen sink, and get sponsorship from D Busses D Trains and D facemasks, do whatever it takes to get a goalscorer who can bag a goal every other game. 

Should have done this in the summer but better late than never. 

1 hour ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Look at Monks recent cash signings, known as a manager not to trust with money! 

Britt Assombalonga- 15million

Braithwaite- 9 million

Howson- 6 million

Fletcher- 7 million

At least 37 Million spent at 'Boro , and was sacked 5 months later. He isn't good with money

Selective with your post

Gilfi Sigurdsson
Pontus Jansson

Jack Cork

Kemar Roofe

Luke Ayling 

Oil McBurnie

Fabianski

Ayew

Hernandez

would all point in the opposite direction to your view 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

In the light of recent events, would anyone be surprised if we went and spent a decent amount of money in the January window? 

Of course the first objective is to get out of the relegation zone, which given the halving of the points deduction is more than possible. 

Chansiri has come out and said promotion is still an objective, whether he meant that for this season I don’t really know. 

Now that we have balanced the books, we have the advantage over several clubs in this division in that our chairman is willing to, and can, throw money at things and in a way (hopefully) that doesn’t damage the club in the long term. As such, I feel that by mid season we will look a far more attractive prospect than what we have been since the end of last season. 

Go out and spend mr chairman, but shrewdly and responsibly. 

I love your optimism but:

1) I would be staggered if we “spent a decent amount of money” in January.

2) Absolutely no chance of promotion, just forget that one.

3) I doubt very much that we’ve balanced the books, can’t see anything other than loans / free transfers in January.

4) I think it’s a massive assumption that we have the capacity to “throw money at things” - obviously I’ve no way of knowing but I tend to think we’re skint.

I agree the additional 6 points is a massive positive, but looking at performances on the pitch, I can still see us struggling against relegation for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, Pressman 1 said:

Westwood and Rhodes really need moving on, coukd probably do with a new winger or 2 ones we have dint seem to be doing much 

Not going to happen now is. 6 months to go on their fat contracts, nobody will pay them what we are currently giving them so they will see it out and move on for nothing.

Very poor financial management given they have rarely been in the plans of 2 of the past 3 managers.

As for new signings, avoiding anyone without 2 working legs at the point of purchase would be a bonus! 

Ideally move Westwood and Rhodes out on loan, even if we have to subsidise it at least its something off the wage bill. 

Can't see Marriott staying as is but hope he comes good, he was handy at Derby. 

Few other loans or freebies, including an experienced combative midfielder would be good. Even if they are slightly older and can't play every game, we could do with some quality cover for Luongo. I like Joey personally but I'm not sure he is the answer. 

I'm mostly glad we didn't get Zahore though, he's injured again already. Dodged that bullet. 

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Selective with your post

Gilfi Sigurdsson
Pontus Jansson

Jack Cork

Kemar Roofe

Luke Ayling 

Oil McBurnie

Fabianski

Ayew

Hernandez

would all point in the opposite direction to your view 

Im not selective with my post Ian if you seen me post before, i do actually back Monk. I  have a 'Boro mate so i always remember him moaning about those signings. I don't know much about the other business he's done with many clubs can but can only judge him on his recent business in the market.. 

2 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

As i have said before, i don't have no agenda so don't slander me. i can link you in some posts where i back Monk if you like.

As it’s written down it would be libel not slander......I’m an expert on these things

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Im not selective with my post Ian if you seen me post before, i do actually back Monk. I  have a 'Boro mate so i always remember him moaning about those signings. I don't know much about the other business he's done with many clubs can but can only judge him on his recent business in the market.. 

ok, to be be honest I’m now more interested in you stating that you were judging him on his “cash signings”.....handing over £15million in used notes must have been interesting.....and we though Clough and Venables were dodgy

7 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

his last signing for Middlesbrough was more than 3 years ago....hardly recent

Just now, Ian said:

ok, to be be honest I’m now more interested in you stating that you were judging him on his “cash signings”.....handing over £15million in used notes must have been interesting.....and we though Clough and Venables were dodgy

So you're just picking at bits that i have mis-worded and twisting them, is transfer money not cash? 

2 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

I am drawing this conversation to an end here Ian, well done on opening 2 successful businesses and i hope they're operating brilliantly. Have a good night, take care

Unlucky.....it’s carried on....I’ll end it now for you though