Chansiri - The players are to blame. "On the pitch the manager can't do anything"

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Has anyone worked out what the signals are yet?

The hands on head, the one hand in the air, the two hands in the air?

I've tried but not sussed it yet

Hands on the head = Its a corner

One hand in the air =  Ditto

Two hands in the air = Ditto

It doesn't mean anything it just makes the opposition thinks it does mean something so they look desperately around them whilst Palmer steams in on the blind side and ... misses. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

It doesn't mean anything it just makes the opposition thinks it does mean something so they look desperately around them whilst Palmer steams in on the blind side and ... misses. 

Palmer  has suddenly started popping up in the 6 yard box and not just during corners either

What's going on?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Ha ha. Unfortunately spot on 

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Has anyone worked out what the signals are yet?

The hands on head, the one hand in the air, the two hands in the air?

I've tried but not sussed it yet

ONE HAND MEANS CAN I GO TO THE TOILET , TWO HANDS MEAN THEY ASKED TWICE  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

As manager the idea surely is to look at the players you have at your disposal with the positional strengths they have and create a tactic to suit. It has seemed that our manager has a favourite tactic and expects players to fit. 

Round pegs etc seems to have been our downfall for the last few managers. Bruce excepted I think. 

Not sure what our best tactic would be with the players we have. I will have to input our current encumbents into my FM game and see what I come up with. 

Watch this space. 

I detest players playing out of position

It's soooooo stupid and never ever works

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He has admitted as such when he first arrived and did get people in to do certain jobs. After a short while he thought he knew it all and took over everything himself. Surely even the DC supporters must see he needs people around him that KNOW how to run things. 

Correct.

I don’t generally talk about personal stuff on here but I’ve run a very successful business which I sold. The key to that wasn’t just me it was the people that worked with/for me.

My best attribute...wasn’t what I knew, it was acknowledging what I didn’t know and being humble enough to find people that could fill my knowledge gaps.

DC is vain, mildly narcissistic even. It’s been his undoing and ours by association. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Depends on the intelligence of the players! Do they understand the message and their role within it?

Is the message clear? Do managers over complicate it these days?

Of course tactics can be changed to nullify the opponent but that will then be called 'negative tactics' by most! 

I used to manage 10 sales people.. Some days they'd absolutely smash it out the park other days they were just not at it! Was it my fault? Maybe it was! What I do know is they knew their roles and the targets required but couldn't perform day in day out even with my guidance, training, support and enthusiasm! 

My point is a manager you can only do so much! He has to let the team take responsibility once over the line! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I don't agree. Lots of people here have said it's the players who are not performing. Dc said the same. 

I can't remember seeing anyone disagreeing with fans stating that opinion. 

So are you saying that the players are performing as well as they can 

just a what if , ,,,,, Can the players perform any better 

I actually agree with DC .. to a point . If a manager creates a culture of discipline, develops each individual, drives focussed training sessions, motivates the players and is crystal clear with his match day instruction, he should expect the players to perform well consistently.
So what’s missing?  

1 minute ago, Mister Soul said:

I actually agree with DC .. to a point . If a manager creates a culture of discipline, develops each individual, drives focussed training sessions, motivates the players and is crystal clear with his match day instruction, he should expect the players to perform well consistently.
So what’s missing?  

It could be argued 'Quality players who are capable'

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop