More on that 'eight or nine figure' sponsorship deal that Chansiri mentioned

Guest LondonOwl313

I assumed this was a cultural difference in how you order numbers or something... I took him to mean a number between 8 and 9 figures i.e. £10m-£100m. Realistically it isn't going to be above 9 figures is it.

Also find it hard to believe that they would pull out because of a few keyboard warriors on here

7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Who is going to sponsor a championship club for anything between 10m and a 100m pound. 

I have always been a chansiri supporter but what a load of nonsense.

That is exactly the kind of negative-thinking criticism of the club that forced me to withdraw my offer! 

lol

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

I hope that included the town as well as the football club.

£200M for the football club on its own.

The offer was £150M if they had to be burdened with taking the town on too! 

27 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I assumed this was a cultural difference in how you order numbers or something... I took him to mean a number between 8 and 9 figures i.e. £10m-£100m. Realistically it isn't going to be above 9 figures is it.

Also find it hard to believe that they would pull out because of a few keyboard warriors on here

Perhaps £1M a year for a 10-year deal - that gets it to 8 figures, rising to £10M a year for every season in the PL, taking over DC's sponsorship of everything from shirts to stands etc. Not completely pie in the sky as some make out but still highly unlikely that anyone wishing to invest in such a manner would pull out based on an internet search which would find the same results with every other football club with a decent sized fan base.  

I just watched the sponsorship deal bit. Ok maybe we have to take his word for it.

But maybe the reason they pulled out wasn’t because of the fans negativity towards points deduction and EFL problems, but maybe it was because of the situation the club were in.

Not saying that’s the case, DC obviously knows more than us, but I just can’t believe a they’d pull out over a bit of moaning on social media.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, londonowl said:

TUF are not his family. His family do not own TUF. They don't get to decide what TUF does with its money. They are shareholders in a publicly traded company and any deals with anyone connected to any of the directors has to be reported in the annual report.

The Chansiri family own 19.28% of the Thai Union Group. The rest is owned by other families, banks, investment funds, pension funds, Mitsubishi and anyone else who wants to buy shares. DC can't just get his dad to dip it for £100m cos he's a bit shy this season. 

This perpetual myth that TUF are or can be connected with SWFC is just ridiculous. All their investments are reported in their 100+ page annual report.

And yes, of course he's making it up.

Besides all of that, Thai Union Group as they are now correctly titled, are a holding company. They do not manufacture or process anything. They buy companies that operate as wholly owned autonomous  subsidiaries and independent trading entities. TUG provide capital for purchase of the subsidiary and may provide CAPEX for special projects, expansion etc.

Commercial deals as sponsorship of this nature would be classed as is operational revenue and would be drawn from sales & marketing budgets held by the subsidiaries. The PLC board in Thailand is not going to get involved in marketing John West products. JW would have its own commercial department to do that.

• Thanks 1

*Click*

"Hi, this is DC speaking?"

"Oh Hi, it's Dave from the corporate sponsorship department at HyperGlobalMegaBank plc."

"Hi Dave.  Are you sending my hundred million yet?  Its just Amadou says he can get me a fantastic deal on a new centre forward, only seven previous owners.  But I have to..."

"Well, about that.  One of our due diligence guys was looking at something called 'Owlstalk' and we now have one or two concerns that you might actually be a massively incompetent bellend."

• Haha 4

Just now, owlinexile said:

*Click*

"Hi, this is DC speaking?"

"Oh Hi, it's Dave from the corporate sponsorship department at HyperGlobalMegaBank plc."

"Hi Dave.  Are you sending my hundred million yet?  Its just Amadou says he can get me a fantastic deal on a new centre forward, only seven previous owners.  But I have to..."

"Well, about that.  One of our due diligence guys was looking at something called 'Owlstalk' and we now have one or two concerns that you might actually be a massively incompetent bellend."

lol

Owlstalk isn't 'social media' though

I'm guessing he was referring to Twitter

Owlstalk Shop

On 05/11/2020 at 16:38, londonowl said:

TUF are not his family. His family do not own TUF. They don't get to decide what TUF does with its money. They are shareholders in a publicly traded company and any deals with anyone connected to any of the directors has to be reported in the annual report.

The Chansiri family own 19.28% of the Thai Union Group. The rest is owned by other families, banks, investment funds, pension funds, Mitsubishi and anyone else who wants to buy shares. DC can't just get his dad to dip it for £100m cos he's a bit shy this season. 

This perpetual myth that TUF are or can be connected with SWFC is just ridiculous. All their investments are reported in their 100+ page annual report.

And yes, of course he's making it up.

Yet back in 2015...

1425439072_1-org.jpg

17 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yet back in 2015...

1425439072_1-org.jpg

Yet we've never seen a TUF logo anywhere near the club since. Wouldn't be at all surprised if DC got a slap on the wrist for this because TUF have been clear about their involvement (absolutely none) with the club.