More on that 'eight or nine figure' sponsorship deal that Chansiri mentioned

I don't think he's made it up but still...perhaps slightly lost in translation?

Re the negative fans:

If it's people being outright abusive then fair enough, but that's not the same as people being critical of what is happening.

Also - if this sponsor was that serious, then why on earth pull out because of some negative posts on social media? All seems a bit odd.

• Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Re the negative fans:

If it's people being outright abusive then fair enough, but that's not the same as people being critical of what is happening.

Also - if this sponsor was that serious, then why on earth pull out because of some negative posts on social media? All seems a bit odd.

That if the reason is a poor excuse. Every club has moaning fans on social media.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They will undoubtedly do it in a passionate and (unfortunately) sometimes over the top way

I'm not sure what Chansiri is truly expecting here - is he going to singlehandedly change how Twitter works?

Passion?

Social media has eroded civility. There's nothing social about it.

People think they can hide behind usernames and scream profanity and abuse at complete strangers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Re the negative fans:

As I said elsewhere, if it's like some of the vitriol directed at monk and DC on insta then he has a point.

As for sponsorship it will have been a risk based decision. A serious brand whose hashtag will appear on or be linked to most club related posts will not want it appearing in or alongside threads with abusive content.

I reckon it was one of the betting companies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

As I said elsewhere, if it's like some of the vitriol directed at monk and DC on insta then he has a point.

As for sponsorship it will have been a risk based decision. A serious brand whose hashtag will appear on or be linked to most club related posts will not want it appearing in or alongside threads with abusive content.

I reckon it was one of the betting companies.

Betting companies have NO standards 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

I'm not sure why some people feel the need to accuse DC of lying. Perhaps he didn't get his figures right, he was clearly seen trying to count before saying it was an 8 or 9 figure deal.

Is it really necessary to call the man that has thrown so much money at our club a liar, rather than call out the 'fans' that have undoubtedly abused him and his family on social media?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
5 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

200 million just bought Burnley didn't it? 

I hope that included the town as well as the football club.

There must have been a load of spite from fans who feel disenfranchised?..

priced out of the club, for one reason or another, unable to meet season ticket prices and POTG....I reckon these would be most vociferous.

DC has a ridiculous idea of what the demographics of a Northern City are...not slating him...simply stating a fact....

"Buy the club from me"???....Just about sums it up

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I found this from Mr DC to be pretty mystifying. I can't get my head around how owls fans are worse online than any other. Yeah twitter and Instagram is full of loudmouth malcontents looking for attention but are we more obnoxious than Leeds?

Sounds like it was lost in translation to me. 

That isn't to say online abuse isn't a disgrace. 

Edited by DeBilde'sTea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OriginalAlien said:

I'm not sure why some people feel the need to accuse DC of lying. Perhaps he didn't get his figures right, he was clearly seen trying to count before saying it was an 8 or 9 figure deal.

Is it really necessary to call the man that has thrown so much money at our club a liar, rather than call out the 'fans' that have undoubtedly abused him and his family on social media?

He could have said "between one hundred million and one billion pounds" and then he wouldn't have had to count on his fingers.

Even at the low end, £100m over 10 years puts us midtable PL in terms of shirt sponsorship, higher than established teams like West Ham and 3 times as much as recently promoted Sheffield United.

Somewhere in the middle of his figure puts us alongside Spurs.

And at the upper end of at £1bn that puts us about £20-£30m year more than any of the Big 6.

Do you believe any of those to be true? Fine if you do, but just because people are able to question such figures doesn't mean it's abuse.

• Like 1