More on that 'eight or nine figure' sponsorship deal that Chansiri mentioned

35 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Then you thought some more and realised TUF have got F*** all to do with us.

I don't even know why people keep bringing them up. They are a public company with many shareholders. The Chansiri family do not own it and do not have the authority to bung £100m Wednesday's way.

And even if they did...why would they?

They wouldn't, but if they wouldn't and they are his family then who is supposed to be that was going to potentially sponsor us for 100m. 

Got to be someone hasn't it unless chansiri is making it all up. 

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

They wouldn't, but if they wouldn't and they are his family then who is supposed to be that was going to potentially sponsor us for 100m. 

Got to be someone hasn't it unless chansiri is making it all up. 

TUF are not his family. His family do not own TUF. They don't get to decide what TUF does with its money. They are shareholders in a publicly traded company and any deals with anyone connected to any of the directors has to be reported in the annual report.

The Chansiri family own 19.28% of the Thai Union Group. The rest is owned by other families, banks, investment funds, pension funds, Mitsubishi and anyone else who wants to buy shares. DC can't just get his dad to dip it for £100m cos he's a bit shy this season. 

This perpetual myth that TUF are or can be connected with SWFC is just ridiculous. All their investments are reported in their 100+ page annual report.

And yes, of course he's making it up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Maybe 'making it up' is a bit strong.

At best, it would be some complicated sponsorship deal worth next to f*** all but with ridiculous clauses in dreamt up by the same clown who gave us the 10 year/lifetime season ticket.

£1m per season rising to £5m per season in Premier League. Rising to £10m per season if winning Premier League by more than 17 points. Rising to £25m per season if doing the treble, winning the Champions League and keeping 81 clean sheets in the process. 

DC 'we've secured a £25m per season sponsorship deal'

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Maybe 'making it up' is a bit strong.

At best, it would be some complicated sponsorship deal worth next to f*** all but with ridiculous clauses in dreamt up by the same clown who gave us the 10 year/lifetime season ticket.

£1m per season rising to £5m per season in Premier League. Rising to £10m per season if winning Premier League by more than 17 points. Rising to £25m per season if doing the treble, winning the Champions League and keeping 81 clean sheets in the process. 

DC 'we've secured a £25m per season sponsorship deal'

You tell ‘em.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

You tell ‘em.

I will. And while I'm in the subject, sponsors want either exposure or kudos. Top clubs get AIA, Standard Chartered, Emirates etc for the Kudos. We don't offer that Kudos.

Everybody else gets cash rich companies needing exposure (gambling firms basically). We don't offer that exposure and in the 'bang for your buck' advertising world, who's signing off £100m to sponsor the mighty Sheffield Wednesday who haven't been anywhere the premier league for 20 years and fell out of the consciousness of everyone outside Sheffield and under 40 at least 15 years ago.

The only other money in this world is from INEOS and Red Bull. INEOS are trying to greenwash their company through sport so they can begin to trade on their brand rather than being an unknown polluter. Hillsborough is not the best place to generate positive column inches. Both Ineos and Red Bull buy clubs, not sponsor them and leave a clown in charge of their 9 figures.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, londonowl said:

TUF are not his family. His family do not own TUF. They don't get to decide what TUF does with its money. They are shareholders in a publicly traded company and any deals with anyone connected to any of the directors has to be reported in the annual report.

The Chansiri family own 19.28% of the Thai Union Group. The rest is owned by other families, banks, investment funds, pension funds, Mitsubishi and anyone else who wants to buy shares. DC can't just get his dad to dip it for £100m cos he's a bit shy this season. 

This perpetual myth that TUF are or can be connected with SWFC is just ridiculous. All their investments are reported in their 100+ page annual report.

And yes, of course he's making it up.

That was my point. He is either making it up or its TUF that was going to sponsor us for such a large sum of money.  He ain't struck a deal with Apple or Nike has he.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

That was my point. He is either making it up or its TUF that was going to sponsor us for such a large sum of money.  He ain't struck a deal with Apple or Nike has he.

I think you are missing my point. It's pretty much as likely to be Apple or Nike at it is TUF. Ok so his family own a bit of TUF but that doesn't mean they can sponsor us any easier than Apple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I think you are missing my point. It's pretty much as likely to be Apple or Nike at it is TUF. Ok so his family own a bit of TUF but that doesn't mean they can sponsor us any easier than Apple.

Maybe not any easier to do what with the share distribution and all people needing to agree and stuff. 

But I recon there is probably a 15-20% we could be sponsored by TUF and about a 1% chance of Apple. 

Thats what I am saying it was likely to be that because of his contacts in it.

Football isn't like buying a sofa or going to the pictures

It's a lifelong emotional bond

If the club is suddenly stopped from buying players, hiking the prices up, getting into trouble with EFL, getting into hearings and getting points deducted whilst at the same time looking like getting relegated fans WILL post on social media about it

They will call into question a chairman's ability if all that is happening

They will undoubtedly do it in a passionate and (unfortunately) sometimes over the top way

I'm not sure what Chansiri is truly expecting here - is he going to singlehandedly change how Twitter works?

If so good luck with that one

I don't understand what he wants and if what he wants is actually realistic in the real world

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Marc_Degryse said:

image.png.971c8adbad110881c458d0e83e427c22.png

Thanks but no thanks!

In all seriousness though, I don't see how he can describe the criticism as 'minor'. We've been dragged through the mud for 18 months now over this stadium sale business, and fans have a right to be concerned when they see their club under embargo, losing some of its best players who haven't been replaced, and sanctioned by the FA. All of this is under DJ's remit.

Maybe he's used to the Thai system where with the monarchy the guy at the top (usually) is beyond reproach/criticism. This is England, it doesn't work like that here.

I thought he meant a minority of fans were being abusive. On that he's probably right.

On the cultural issue. I think Thai culture is respect oriented. Are we really that tone deaf to have not worked that out already.

• Haha 1