Bere's Pork Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I had one on Saturday

My review was that it was bang on - very nice indeed

Also had a dripping cake and a chocolate brownie 

Can't comment on the staff or if they were smiling as I wasnt' the one who went into the shop to buy em

Is it exactly the same when you have one and it's not football?

1 minute ago, ReginaldD said:

Was at a farm the other week with my Mrs (doesn't eat red meat) and 5 year old.  Looking at the pigs I said to Mrs how much I made me fancy a Beres.

That's just wrong mate lol

I feel terribly guilty eating pork when I see pigs, they're like big pink dogs.

Edited by Ellis Rimmer

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Looking at the traffic this morning they is not much of a lockdown going on anyway.

I spent 30 minutes in a traffic jam queueing to get into Leeds City centre this morning. On the way up the M1 was as busy as normal as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I spent 30 minutes in a traffic jam queueing to get into Leeds City centre this morning. On the way up the M1 was as busy as normal as well. 

HANG ON A MINUTE

I thought Leeds was the best, easiest and fastest city centre to get in and out of?

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

49 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

That's just wrong mate lol

I feel terribly guilty eating pork when I see pigs, they're like big pink dogs.

To be fair at the point I was watching then they did look cute and as you say they are incredibly intelligent animals like dogs. 

I rarely eat a Beres but when I do it does down well. Also the finest quality smoked bacon medallions are superb.

Generally go chicken sausages these days though,  healthier can be eaten by all the family (no cute pigs harmed in the making).

• Haha 2

On 05/11/2020 at 15:44, @owlstalk said:

HANG ON A MINUTE

I thought Leeds was the best, easiest and fastest city centre to get in and out of?

lol

It normally is ,but yesterday was a right pain in the arse. It was almost as if more people were out AFTER we went into lockdown .

• Like 1

I know this may be contrary to popular opinion, but i'm not so keen.

They are ok, but on the rare occasion I do such a lunch, i've often found Beres wanting - yeah they are ok but you can get better from the independent shops.    Place where I work near Handsworth for example, they only do pork twice a week but when they do you know it's gonna be worth it every time.

Mind you, I probably do sandwich shops five times a year so what do I know in reality !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I miss my beres before a match. 

Back when I lived far away from the ground i'd fully understand this, being 10 minutes walk away i'm spoiled.

I still don't understand why the club don't have a chippy on site and maybe  sarnie shop too.    They'd make a killing.

• Like 1