Team Vs Millwall

despite those 3 awful performances I still think there’s some alright players in the squad.  If they can’t perform today after the good news this week then Monk should be out by 6pm...  

Full squad to face AFC Bournemouth: Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith, Josh Render, Dominic Iorfa, Julian Börner, Liam Palmer, Tom Lees, Moses Odubajo, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy, Barry Bannan, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Adam Reach, Izzy Brown, Jordan Rhodes, Elias Kachunga, Josh Windass, Callum Paterson, Jack Marriott.

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

If they can’t perform today after the good news this week then Monk should be out by 6pm...  

Full squad to face AFC Bournemouth *Millwall FC:

Thank you.🤔 On the monk point and it's Millwall today haha.

Monks team maybe? 3-5-2:

Wildsmith

Iorfa,  Lees,  Böner

Odubajo,  Brown,  Pelupessy,  Bannan,  Reach

Paterson,  Windass

Bench: 

Dawson 

Palmer

FDB

Hunt

Kachunga

Marriott

Rhodes 

Stand ins: Render and Van Aken

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Monks team maybe? 3-5-2:

Wildsmith

Iorfa,  Lees,  Böner

Paterson,  Windass

Bench: 

Dawson 

Palmer

FDB

Hunt

Kachunga

Marriott

Rhodes 

Think that’s how Monk may go, but the team looks bereft of goals, or should I say the whole squad does. It’s scandalous that Monk hasn’t addressed that. Clearly it should have been a priority at the start of the season, with Rhodes the only recognised striker. With no goals likely from midfield, it was imperative that Monk got goals into the side. Nine signings later, and we are no better off.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Monks team maybe? 3-5-2:

Wildsmith

Iorfa,  Lees,  Böner

Paterson,  Windass

Bench: 

Dawson 

Palmer

FDB

Hunt

Kachunga

Marriott

Rhodes 

Ah yes, thanks to Yorkshire live for their accurate reporting there 😀

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/full-sheffield-wednesday-squad-millwall-19236291

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think that’s how Monk may go, but the team looks bereft of goals, or should I say the whole squad does. It’s scandalous that Monk hasn’t addressed that. Clearly it should have been a priority at the start of the season, with Rhodes the only recognised striker. With no goals likely from midfield, it was imperative that Monk got goals into the side. Nine signings later, and we are no better off.

Yeah absolutely true. Currently the CB's have a few goals in them, Flint and Dunkley(legs) haha would add more. Wing backs a few. Midfield a few, Bannan adds more with penalties now. Any forward would be lucky to get into double figures. I hoped at the start of the season with the "new" outlook the forwards would equally chip in with the goals at least, but well we know how all the team has been. I see Paterson as a attacking midfielder or winger in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 ect., Kachunga as a RW in a 4-3-3 ect., Windass as a second striker/CAM or a winger and Marriott being similar to Rhodes, but likes through balls more, where Rhodes is a poacher. Currently I would be playing Rhodes as the striker in a 4-3-3, as like you said he is the only recognised striker we have kinda. The points deduction could have played a part or not really though. Only monk ect. knows.

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

despite those 3 awful performances I still think there’s some alright players in the squad.  If they can’t perform today after the good news this week then Monk should be out by 6pm...  

Full squad to face AFC Bournemouth: Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith, Josh Render, Dominic Iorfa, Julian Börner, Liam Palmer, Tom Lees, Moses Odubajo, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy, Barry Bannan, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Adam Reach, Izzy Brown, Jordan Rhodes, Elias Kachunga, Josh Windass, Callum Paterson, Jack Marriott.

53 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Monks team maybe? 3-5-2:

Wildsmith

Iorfa,  Lees,  Böner

Paterson,  Windass

Bench: 

Dawson 

Palmer

FDB

Hunt

Kachunga

Marriott

Rhodes 

43 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Ah yes, thanks to Yorkshire live for their accurate reporting there 😀

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/full-sheffield-wednesday-squad-millwall-19236291

I thought you knew something on the monk point haha. No one take no notice to what I put about it then.

25 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Yeah absolutely true. Currently the CB's have a few goals in them, Flint and Dunkley(legs) haha would add more. Wing backs a few. Midfield a few, Bannan adds more with penalties now. Any forward would be lucky to get into double figures. I hoped at the start of the season with the "new" outlook the forwards would equally chip in with the goals at least, but well we know how all the team has been. I see Paterson as a attacking midfielder or winger in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 ect., Kachunga as a RW in a 4-3-3 ect., Windass as a second striker/CAM or a winger and Marriott being similar to Rhodes, but likes through balls more, where Rhodes is a poacher. Currently I would be playing Rhodes as the striker in a 4-3-3, as like you said he is the only recognised striker we have kinda. The points deduction could have played a part or not really though. Only monk ect. knows.

Yes with what we currently have, perming three any three seems marginally more likely to get goals, than perming any two, if only because it’s an extra player in an attacking area. Seems crazy to me that we insist in shoehorning the likes of Luongo, Palmer and Odubajo into a back three, when we could go with the extra forward

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes with what we currently have, perming three any three seems marginally more likely to get goals, than perming any two, if only because it’s an extra player in an attacking area. Seems crazy to me that we insist in shoehorning the likes of Luongo, Palmer and Odubajo into a back three, when we could go with the extra forward

I agree, I just don't get why monk doesn't? My best starting 11 kinda with all the players fit would be 4-3-3:

Wildsmith/Westwood in January?

Odubajo/Palmer,  Flint/Dunkley(C),  Iorfa,  Penney

Brown,  Luongo,  Bannan

Paterson/Kachunga,  Rhodes/Marriott,  Windass/Reach 

Guest Willow Owl

Wildsmith 

Iorfa

Lees 

Van Aken- better than Borner by miles

Moses ( right )

Pelupessy

Bannan