Team Vs Millwall

16 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

I agree we should stick with monk's team, aside from Harris as mentioned. I would personally go 4-3-3.

3-5-2:

Wildsmith

Palmer,  Iorfa,  Böner 

Odubajo,  Reach,  Pelupessy,  Bannan,  Penney

Kachunga,  Windass

I know monk will probably change it though. As people have done in this thread and for the better, but I would stick with a winning team.

Bench: 

Dawson

Van Aken

Hughes

FDB

Paterson

Marriott

Rhodes 

I forgot about Brown, replace FDB for him.

26 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Lets pick the team in form....

We won the last game and played well for the majority against a strong team.

Joey had the game of his Wednesday career and I hope he has got to grips with the role he is expected to play and maintains the aggression he showed.

Of the forced changes, I would simply move Reach to LWB and add Izzy in the middle or if Izzy isn't quite ready Penney at LWB.

Absolutely this.

But, wouldnt you also put Lees in place of Palmer?

I thought Palmer was excellent, but at CB he’s no Lees, and up against Smith we need Lees’ unmatched heading ability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OWLISH said:

having watched millwall a couple of times irl theyre a totally different proposition to bournemouth

Wildsmith

Van Aken, Iorfa, Börner 

Odubajo, Paterson,  Brown,  Bannan, Reach

Kachunga, 

Windass

Good team, but for your team I would only swap Van Aken and Iorfa around and replace Van Aken for Lees also maybe replace Böner for Van Aken haha.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Absolutely this.

I thought Palmer was excellent, but at CB he’s no Lees, and up against Smith we need Lees’ unmatched heading ability.

Sure smith will be playing.?they've now got Zohore...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Absolutely this.

Yeah I see where you are coming from, just seems harsh dropping someone who played so well.

Don't rate Palmer as a RWB, he lacks the ability to beat a man.

• Like 1

I think we need to do something radical, but of course we won’t  If we continue to do things the same way we’ve previously done things this season, it’s likely we’ll achieve the same results. 
We are toothless in attack. No pairing has even suggested they might be capable of scoring the goals we need to win matches. If you have profligate strikers, then generally your defence will be under pressure more as a result. Given that we still have a largely unsettled back five, in terms of both personnel, and players playing in alien positions, it stands to reason that you will lose more than you win. Two different approaches might be worth trying. First, we could lose one of the centre backs, and add another striker. None of our strikers are really championship quality, but it’s possible 3 might be more effective than 2. Taking out one of the centre backs is hardly a risk anyway, as often it’s a case of playing someone makeshift to make up the numbers Palmer, Luongo, Odubajo. 
The other option still involves operating with a flat back four, keeping the midfield three, but playing wingers wide ahead of the full backs. Because we don’t have an obvious player to operate the lone striker role, it is unlikely to make us any more prolific, but it will make us more defensively secure, and thus harder to beat. If the wide players were to operate on their natural flanks, it makes us more secure down the flanks, and the likes of Reach and Harris can use their attacking skills further up the pitch. For example Harris ahead of Palmer/Odubajo and Reach in front of Penney, makes it less likely that teams will have joy trying to attack us down the flanks. The current system doesn’t work with the players we have. We are neither secure at the back, nor do we score enough goals, so a change to either of those set ups might help us with one, or the other

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Would go:

Ws

Moses iorfa borner palmer

Joey  bannan

Windass   brown    reach

Patterson

With usual 3 cbs prefer 343 to firm up flanks but kachunga is awful, cant run or pass so 3412

Ws

Iorfa lees borner

Moses  joey bannan reach

Brown

Windass  patterson 

Looked more of a 343 in attack the other day rather than a 352. Reach kept coming wide left and Kachunga kept going wide right while Windass played through the middle. 

Don’t like to change a winning team myself. Harris’ red card means someone has to come in.

GK Wildsmith

RCBPalmer

CB Iorfa

LCB Borner

RWB Odubajo

CM Pelupessy

CM Bannan

LWB Reach

RW Kachunga

ST Paterson

LW Windass

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think we need to do something radical, but of course we won’t  If we continue to do things the same way we’ve previously done things this season, it’s likely we’ll achieve the same results. 
We are toothless in attack. No pairing has even suggested they might be capable of scoring the goals we need to win matches. If you have profligate strikers, then generally your defence will be under pressure more as a result. Given that we still have a largely unsettled back five, in terms of both personnel, and players playing in alien positions, it stands to reason that you will lose more than you win. Two different approaches might be worth trying. First, we could lose one of the centre backs, and add another striker. None of our strikers are really championship quality, but it’s possible 3 might be more effective than 2. Taking out one of the centre backs is hardly a risk anyway, as often it’s a case of playing someone makeshift to make up the numbers Palmer, Luongo, Odubajo. 
The other option still involves operating with a flat back four, keeping the midfield three, but playing wingers wide ahead of the full backs. Because we don’t have an obvious player to operate the lone striker role, it is unlikely to make us any more prolific, but it will make us more defensively secure, and thus harder to beat. If the wide players were to operate on their natural flanks, it makes us more secure down the flanks, and the likes of Reach and Harris can use their attacking skills further up the pitch. For example Harris ahead of Palmer/Odubajo and Reach in front of Penney, makes it less likely that teams will have joy trying to attack us down the flanks. The current system doesn’t work with the players we have. We are neither secure at the back, nor do we score enough goals, so a change to either of those set ups might help us with one, or the other

But we just beat Bournemouth fair and square.

Wildsmith 

Iorfa Lees Borner

Palmer                    Odubajo 

Pelupessy Bannan 

Brown

Windass    Rhodes

Guest Hornsby

Wish Monk etc would stop bigging up these tiny , tinpot teams.

Even this squad of ours has enough to despatch most in this pisspoor division - like Joao's doing on his own.

Let's set up to score and do Lions by two or three. 

Mid -table before Xmas minimum.

On 04/11/2020 at 17:22, Sgt Wednesday said:

.............................Wildsmith

................Palmer......Iorfa.....Borner

Odubajo.....Bannan......Pelupessy........Reach

.............................Brown

...................Windass....Kachunga

I'd put Penney where Boerner is, Penney is attack-minded, his defense is to gain the ball, run it out, box-to-box, and/or  link-up,  if a link is available, if not, keep dribbling.  Him and Reach down the left side might just be something akin to King and Worthington (?) back in the day.