Team Vs Millwall

Given the display on Tuesday, I can't see Monk changing too much.

----------------------Wildsmith-------------------

----------Palmer-----Iorfa------Borner----------

Odubajo---Pelupessy--Bannan----Reach

------------------------Brown--------------------------

------------Kachunga-----Windass-------------

That's a stronger side than Tuesday, with more creativity, but doesn't affect our defensive stability.

We need another strong performance to follow up a good result on Tuesday, something we haven't been able to do for God knows how long.

To go into the international break, effectively picking up 12 points from two games, would be a huge lift and just lift the gloom that was rightfully engulfing the club just three days ago. 

However, another poor result will just feel like the constant cycle of deflation continues...ad infinitum.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We played a slightly different style on Tuesday and it was better, played more football rather than just hoof. Similar to when we went to QPR last season, more mobility up front.

Why did we do that?

We left Paterson out so no target man so it was obvious we intended to try and play differently. Was it because Bournemouth are a footballing team who play 343 so it gave us more scope to play.?

Anyway it worked.

Will he stick with it or will he pick Paterson again.?

Unless Millwall have changed they have two massive centre backs so we will win nothing in the air up front anyway.

Personally would like to see us stick with it. 
Play Reach for Harris 

Put Brown where Reach played 

Play Lees in centre and move Iorfa to RCB

But we need to retain that mobility up front so any two from Windass, Kachunga or Marriott.with the two who played Tuesday getting the nod if they are fit.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blatter said:

I though Borner played particularly well last night and seemed to be adjusting to the left of the three. He defends better than Van Aken  who is prone to too many errors.

I like Iorfa in the middle. His pace can get us out of trouble whether it comes down the left or right flank.

I would leave Palmer right side of the three. A full back in recent seasons he covers that side of defence better than a conventional centre back

Good post, I've thought about Iorfa down the middle as well. Are best line up with it, would probably be Dunkley/Palmer, Iorfa and Böner.

3 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Good post, I've thought about Iorfa down the middle as well. Are best line up with it, would probably be Dunkley/Palmer, Iorfa and Böner.

Dunkley Palmer?...sounds like a new biscuit brand. Could well be given the nature of his legs😜

• Haha 2

I agree we should stick with monk's team, aside from Harris as mentioned. I would personally go 4-3-3.

3-5-2:

Wildsmith

Palmer,  Iorfa,  Böner 

Odubajo,  Reach,  Pelupessy,  Bannan,  Penney

Kachunga,  Windass

I know monk will probably change it though. As people have done in this thread and for the better, but I would stick with a winning team.

Bench: 

Dawson

Van Aken

Hughes

FDB

Paterson

Marriott

Rhodes 

It’s depressing trying to formulate a winning side from the players available Even more depressing when you consider only Luongo of the absentees, would actually improve the side Gawd knows what Monk was thinking of when he assembled that group of strikers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Blatter said:

I though Borner played particularly well last night and seemed to be adjusting to the left of the three. He defends better than Van Aken  who is prone to too many errors.

I like Iorfa in the middle. His pace can get us out of trouble whether it comes down the left or right flank.

I would leave Palmer right side of the three. A full back in recent seasons he covers that side of defence better than a conventional centre back

The reason he had to use his pace to get us out of trouble several times was because he made the original error.

It’s handy to have his pace but he is very erratic.

Also his heading just isn’t good enough. I have never seen anybody misread the flight of the ball so much

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can do that still under his new scheme

Just be there when the turnstiles open and sit where you like

About a dozen all coming 50 + miles from different directions. I would abandon the struggle. It was OK when you stood on the Kop and knew where your mates would be standing, but that doesn't work with seats.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It’s depressing trying to formulate a winning side from the players available Even more depressing when you consider only Luongo of the absentees, would actually improve the side Gawd knows what Monk was thinking of when he assembled that group of strikers

In the Bannan interview clip Luongo is in the background doing exercises on his knee.

I have been given exactly the same exercise to do and I am nearly 70.

His return might not be imminent 

• Thanks 1

wildsmith 

palmer            iorfa            borner 

pelupessy 

odubajo      bannan     reach  

brown 

paterson     windass 

• Thanks 1

Wildsmith 

Iorfa     Lees    Borner

Odu.                                Reach

Pelupessy  Bannan 

Brown

Windass     Kachunga

• Like 1

Lets pick the team in form....

We won the last game and played well for the majority against a strong team.

Joey had the game of his Wednesday career and I hope he has got to grips with the role he is expected to play and maintains the aggression he showed.

Of the forced changes, I would simply move Reach to LWB and add Izzy in the middle or if Izzy isn't quite ready Penney at LWB.

• Like 3