Injury / suspension situation

11 hours ago, striker said:

I don't know,  presumed straight red as when ifollow cut to the shot, the ref just had the red in his hand ready. I still don't know what for?

He got straight red. And it was really stupid of him, he'd just made a clean, crucial tackle after Izzy back heeled straight into the Bournemouth player. In that tackle, the Bournemouth player falls over Harris and as they try to get up, you see the ref looking over towards them just as Harris gets annoyed because he's pinned down and lashes out at him.

So it went from great intervening tackle to stupid behaviour.

Positive is Monk can now employ Penney's services again on the wing 😄 

• Thanks 1

Have a look for yourself in the highlights. I've fast-forwarded to the occasion. Keep an eye on Harris as the camera pans away, you see Bournemouth player trying to get up and then get tossed over as Harris lashes out / actually it looks like he holds on to the other guy's ankle and trips him... and the ref happens to look in their direction; probably anticipating that tempers could run high after that tackle.

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

He got straight red. And it was really stupid of him, he'd just made a clean, crucial tackle after Izzy back heeled straight into the Bournemouth player. In that tackle, the Bournemouth player falls over Harris and as they try to get up, you see the ref looking over towards them just as Harris gets annoyed because he's pinned down and lashes out at him.

So it went from great intervening tackle to stupid behaviour.

Positive is Monk can now employ Penney's services again on the wing 😄 

Reach? Penney will probably not be even on the bench.

22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Any news on Dunkley? 

Still got metal pins in his leg and it's gone gangrene, apparently .lol

• Haha 1

I get the argument for, but I'm not having that as a red card offence.

We've seen hundreds of incidents like that in football, some yellow, some nothing. Already this season, we've seen players raise hands, push others over and stamp on players, not even booked. 

If a second yellow, fair enough. But come on a straight red for that, no. 

• Like 1