Man of the match - Bournemouth (H)

34 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Great performance as a team, better than all the players as individuals.

When the season started, I wanted Van Aken to be given a chance as Borner had had ( in my opinion) a terrible time since 2019. Very slow and not the commanding potential captain we saw last autumn.

However last night he was REALLY back to his old self - winning headers of their ear 'oles and physically competitive. I was REALLY pleased - long may it continue.

Pelupessy needs a mention also.

A scapegoat gets little chance to have his match to match performances assessed fairly by the supporters. I think he has had a few decent games recently, but last night was really pleasing and he worked very hard and effectively. Like a decent defender, he was always 'in the way'.

The team as a whole gave 100% and it could be seen from kick off. Good closing down of players in possession and reducing pass opportunites for them.

No man of the match for me, we win together we lose together.

We like that Shez! You are absolutely correct of course.

• Thanks 1

Joey looked like the finished article last night. He was superb. Breaking up attacks, dropping deep with a couple of timely clearances and even getting forward on odd occasions.

Maybe he's not been playing a role that he's comfortable with, maybe it's just the alignment of the planets, but if he can keep that up, he'll do.