Man of the match - Bournemouth (H)

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Virtuoso Bannan tonight

Best player on the pitch by a ******** mile

Pelupessy was sloppy a couple of times in possession first half but really did a good job second half. 

Bannan is the only one capable of playing the pass that puts Windass in position to win the penalty and steps up to put it away too. Also created a great chance for Paterson to make it 2. 

If he doesn't pull the strings nobody will.  

30 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

MoM = Odubajo

Wildsmith = 7 - didn't actually have much to do. One fumble from a looping header, but otherwise fine.

Odubajo = 7, great work-rate, pace to snuff out some threats, one of his best games for us

Palmer = 7, dogged, determined defending

Iorfa = 7, pace helped get us out of trouble, mis-read a couple of crosses

Borner = 7, calm on the ball, back to somewhere near his best

Harris = 7, the usual mix of one good cross, two bad - but solid in defence and tenacious. Think the red card was a little unlucky but won't be overturned. In a funny way it helped us, as stopped their counter-attack.

Pelupessy = 8, MoM, his type of game - lots of running and blocking, Bournemouth not too clinical and he was able to snuff out many of theri good positions. Still a bit sloppy on the ball

Bannan = 8, Worked hard, bit subdued at time, but gets extra point for clutch penalty

Reach = 7, his running helped to stretch the game and make a decent midfield battle

Kachunga = 7, put a couple of decent crosses in - still looks far from clinical with the ball at his feet

Windass = 7, it looked very much like a dive, at least as much as the Rotherham one last week, but put himself about well to good effect. Wish he would stay onside more

Subs

Brown = 6, his sloppy backheel led to the Harris red card

Paterson = 7, did a good job holding it up at the end

Marriott = N/A - not on for long enough to judge, almost got in

So was Pelupessy your man of the match or was it Odubajo?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Palmer for me although both Borner and Joey were excellent.

Wildsmith 6 I still have no faith in either keeper

Palmer 8 defended brilliantly and one excellent diving headed clearance. Should have scored!

Iorfa 7 great pace but a bit sloppy at times

Borner 8 much more like it. Where has he been?

Odubajo 7 thought he did well tonight 

Pelupessy 8 best performance in a Wednesday shirt. Thought it was Luongo in disguise 

Bannan 7 where would we be without the wee man? Great penalty 

Reach 7 better. Ran about and played the ball faster

Harris 6 would have been higher but the red could have cost us. Was he unlucky or stupid?

Kachunga 6 works hard but I don’t think he’s good enough 

Windass 7 did well up front on his own. Dive for penalty?

Paterson 7 did well when he came on
Brown 6 still doesn’t look fit

Marriott 5 seems so short of confidence 

I don’t think we’d have won 11 against 11 but that could be said for us against Luton and Rovrum. Needed a bit of luck but now need to beat Millwall to get out of minus points before the international break. Would be a huge psychological boost!

7 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I missed the game tonight (which explains the win...). What formation did we play?

3-4-1-2 in the 1st half, with Reach playing behind Windass and Kachunga.

Seemed to change to match them up in 3-4-3 in the 2nd half when Bournemouth began to get on top, with Reach and Kachunga moving to the wider areas with Windass playing through the centre.

Borner 

with excellent performances from 

Odobajo

Bannan 

Joey

Katchunga

Iorfa not his best game but we have missed him so much 

Palmer lost his man for a free header but very good 

Paterson did well when he came on 

Reach some good some poor 

Good all round performance against a good side 

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
7 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

3-4-1-2 in the 1st half, with Reach playing behind Windass and Kachunga.

Seemed to change to match them up in 3-4-3 in the 2nd half when Bournemouth began to get on top, with Reach and Kachunga moving to the wider areas with Windass playing through the centre.

Ahh thanks. I looked at the lineup and thought/hoped we’d tried out 442...

Pelupessey had one of the best games I've seen him play

Borner was solid and if it wasn't for his block to deny an open goal it could've been a lot different. 

Bannan was typical Bannan, always shows for the ball but tries too many fancy passes for me, although the ball for Windass that got us the penalty was a bit sexy! 

Iorfa played well, couple of decent challenges. 

Reach looked like he was up for it, worked hard and didn't go backwards half as much.

Odubajo, again looked good, and how quick is he though?!?!

All in all a good team performance that ground out an important win. 

Just need to find a way of scoring from open play. Players need to learn to shoot earlier as well. They seem to always take that one extra touch that ears either the angle goes or they get closed down. (Marriott in the last few minutes prime example) 

UTO 

• Like 1

Pelupessey for MOM.

Odubajo, Borner,  Palmer,  Reach, Bannan all had very good games

Credit to Windass for getting the penalty.

Ref was seriously dodgy. Several bookings were very questionable. He didn't stamp his authority on the game and then awarded yellows in an attempt to do so. Just made himself look a pillock.

Edited by prowl
  • Like 1