THIS HAS MADE THINGS WORSE - (ALL POST MATCH POSTS IN HERE PLEASE)

Probably too little too late for me, but they certainly put in a shift.  Can’t afford to let performance levels drop now, as we don’t have the quality to win games playing at 80%.  Still can’t see where goals are coming from, but at least we have a chance to put points on board before international break.  Anything less than a win against Millwall should see Monk out in my opinion, but don’t think Chansiri is planning to act any time soon.

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How can a team capable of inflicting the first league defeat of the season on recent Premier League regulars Bournemouth also lose three in a row against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe bloody Wanderers?!

Bloody hell, Wednesday - you capricious b*stards!

:duntmatter:

* I'm well aware that on an objective level, winning tonight's game has in no way, shape or form made our situation worse and has in fact made it better. But still...

I feel you... I should be over the moon with this result but feel more annoyed and frustrated now that we lost the 3 previous games.... Should have been off the bottom of the league with this win tonight. Stupid game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

I thought we were poor. Two attempts on target all night, one of which was the pen.

Fortunately Bournemouth weren't up for it.

Take the 3 points though as that is the main thing at the moment.

I think poor is harsh. We weren't stellar. We weren't good. But we were good enough. We stopped Bournemouth playing and a glimmer of genius from Bannan ultimately won the game. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

NOTE - We won tonight with LAST SEASON'S TEAM

Only Kachunga in the side tonight who wasn't in the team last season

All the new signings that Monk had forced on him have been dumped already

Who forced them on him?

3 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

I thought we were poor. Two attempts on target all night, one of which was the pen.

Fortunately Bournemouth weren't up for it.

Take the 3 points though as that is the main thing at the moment.

Not seen the game but the stats do still worry you in terms of attempts on target and goals from open play. 

2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I think poor is harsh. We weren't stellar. We weren't good. But we were good enough. We stopped Bournemouth playing and a glimmer of genius from Bannan ultimately won the game. 

You might be right on the word "poor"...I'll revise it to mediocre, but no better than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

NOTE - We won tonight with LAST SEASON'S TEAM

Only Kachunga in the side tonight who wasn't in the team last season

All the new signings that Monk had forced on him have been dumped already

I reckon Dunkley would have played if it wasn't for the double fracture and pins, so calm yourself down 😂

• Haha 2