We forgot strong spine basic

I had a gaffer once who used to say 

"If you've got a strong spine you'll get away with a lot."

"If you've got a solid keeper, and a solid regular centre half, a midfielder who can mix it and someone who can put ball int net , you can get away with fillers for the rest."

And I weren't thinking about this today. 

We haven't have we?

• We haven't got a dominant keeper.  I like the two lads. Im sure theyre great lads. And i want em to be brill. But they aren't dominant are they?

• We've got some decent centre halves but they're  tampax aren't they,  in one week out for 3. 

• No dominant midfielder. I mean,  Bannan is good but he int a dominator is he? He's someone who'd look good in a side that had one next to him so he could do what he does .  Luongo has been a reight miss, and even he int someone who can take a game by the testicles and dictate it

• Striker.... someone who you fancy to rough folks up a bit and crack a shot in 1 in 3. No be ain't got one. 

I dunno really why I'm mentioning  this, but mainly coz it's a case of swapping chairs ont titanic int it. 

We can play 3-5-2. ...4-4-2.....4-3-3 ...but without a strong , stable dominant spine of winners....

I mean, me gaffer said "-with a strong spine....rest fillers"

But the squads fillers. 

I mean we can moan about Harris' form. ..or Reachs tackling.....or Odubajos. ..whatever ..but without a strong spine. ...these are faff side issues aren't they?

Keeper. Centre half. Centre mid. Centre forward. 

Till we have a strong un in all them roles , sortin the rest is pissín in the wind int it?

Ah. I dunno why I'm here really.

I'm going back to Covid thread.

• Like 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

With everyone fit the centrebacks and centre mids are strong enough for a spine in this division, keepers and strikers not good enough, I'll give the strikers a little more time though, Marriott looks low on confidence, and think Windass is a decent player and played well until he was dropped.

38 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

I had a gaffer once who used to say 

"If you've got a strong spine you'll get away with a lot."

"If you've got a solid keeper, and a solid regular centre half, a midfielder who can mix it and someone who can put ball int net , you can get away with fillers for the rest."

And I weren't thinking about this today. 

We haven't have we?

• We haven't got a dominant keeper.  I like the two lads. Im sure theyre great lads. And i want em to be brill. But they aren't dominant are they?

• We've got some decent centre halves but they're  tampax aren't they,  in one week out for 3. 

• No dominant midfielder. I mean,  Bannan is good but he int a dominator is he? He's someone who'd look good in a side that had one next to him so he could do what he does .  Luongo has been a reight miss, and even he int someone who can take a game by the testicles and dictate it

• Striker.... someone who you fancy to rough folks up a bit and crack a shot in 1 in 3. No be ain't got one. 

I dunno really why I'm mentioning  this, but mainly coz it's a case of swapping chairs ont titanic int it. 

We can play 3-5-2. ...4-4-2.....4-3-3 ...but without a strong , stable dominant spine of winners....

I mean, me gaffer said "-with a strong spine....rest fillers"

But the squads fillers. 

I mean we can moan about Harris' form. ..or Reachs tackling.....or Odubajos. ..whatever ..but without a strong spine. ...these are faff side issues aren't they?

Keeper. Centre half. Centre mid. Centre forward. 

Till we have a strong un in all them roles , sortin the rest is pissín in the wind int it?

Ah. I dunno why I'm here really.

I'm going back to Covid thread.

Totally agree with you, having that base is vital. Having the 4 must players makes a strong team. It is what I use to base my FM teams on, a strong spine but Monk doesn’t like FM. lol

• Like 1