TONIGHT'S LINEUP - here's how the Owls line up tonight

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's surely 442?

You'd have thought so, but that potentially means playing Reach wide left rather than Monk's preferred position for him as second striker. 

Guess we will just have to wait and see. I'd much prefer a midfield 3 against a decent passing team, surprised Brown isn't fit enough to step up to at least play 60 minutes having made the bench at the weekend. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You'd have thought so, but that potentially means playing Reach wide left rather than Monk's preferred position for him as second striker. 

Guess we will just have to wait and see. I'd much prefer a midfield 3 against a decent passing team, surprised Brown isn't fit enough to step up to at least play 60 minutes having made the bench at the weekend. 

It's a strange one this isn't it

I can't figure it out

LIke you say we'll need to wait and see 

Could be anything!

Owlstalk Shop

The only other thing I could think is it’s more a 541/343. To match up with Bournemouth. 

Wildsmith

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Odubajo

Pelupessy

Bannan

Harris

Kachunga

Windass

Reach

Even then who knows. I think it will be a back 3. But it’s grave going with no striker. 

1 minute ago, akbuk said:

Maybe but that would make us to open for a team like Bournemouth 

Not if you played him with Pelupessy and Bannan. If we are playing a flat midfield 2 then we will be too open. 

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

While I would prefer Rhodes-Windass rather than Kachunga-Windass, if it really is a 442 like you’ve shown I would be happy with that.

However I expect this:-

Palmer Iorfa Borner

Moses Joey Bannan Reach Harris

Kachunga Windass

which I cannot abide. 

4-4-2 i think

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

The only other thing I could think is it’s more a 541/343. To match up with Bournemouth. 

Wildsmith

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Odubajo

Pelupessy

Bannan

Harris

Kachunga

Windass

Reach

Even then who knows. I think it will be a back 3. But it’s grave going with no striker. 

I'm sure Monk will claim after the game that Windass and Kachunga are strikers....despite playing them in midfield over the last 4 games. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not if you played him with Pelupessy and Bannan. If we are playing a flat midfield 2 then we will be too open. 

4-4-2 can't see it being anything else Brown will come on at some point in the game