Jump to content

What Would It Take For Monk To Win You Round?


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, OwlerIT said:

For him and Beattie to admit he isn't up to it and walk to save us any compensation.

 


Compensation is irrelevant mate - our chairman is MINTED

It's only the EFL stopping him from SPENDAGEDDON


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a massive task for monk to win the fans over.

I dont care who the manager is, if we are winning......but monk is playing dreary football as well.

Winning and changing his style of play is sadly beyond him.

Id love him to prove me wtong

Link to post
Share on other sites

Monk would win me over if he resigned, then when Wilder is poached after the piggies are relegated he takes over, takes them into back to back relegations as we are promoted unbeaten next term to swap places with them. 
 

Then and only then!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as we keep chipping away at the 12pt deficit I'm happy for him to be here.....already made up 5 pts on 4th bottom so keep that up and we should be catching them after around 30 games .as to keep that up though or I like a lot on here will want him gone .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Without the deduction we'd be sat in 15th which considering he had to clear out the failures from previous seasons ,operate on a reduced wage bill while building a new squad with cheapo's, freebies and loans  .....I dont know who's out there looking for job who could do much better .

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Without the deduction we'd be sat in 15th which considering he had to clear out the failures from previous seasons ,operate on a reduced wage bill while building a new squad with cheapo's, freebies and loans  .....I dont know who's out there looking for job who could do much better .

But we have the deduction, we knew from the start that we needed to be 12 points better than at least 3 other teams (and gifted 3 teams likely to be bottom 3 candidates 3 points)

 

Monk's plan was plan was plus points after 11 games, running at around 1 point per game, which equates to 36-38 points over the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I took a crumb of comfort seeing the players reaction to Monk after the game.  Everyone associated with this club has been let down in one-way shape or form and I include Monk in that.  Although, like the players and Chansiri, they've all been culpable, so he also has to take some of the blame for where we are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How about at least getting that home record re-balanced. One win in sixteen is hardly grounds for new found optimism especially when the previous three performances are factored in. Nevertheless a surprising and very welcome three points last night.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, striker said:

But we have the deduction, we knew from the start that we needed to be 12 points better than at least 3 other teams (and gifted 3 teams likely to be bottom 3 candidates 3 points)

 

Monk's plan was plan was plus points after 11 games, running at around 1 point per game, which equates to 36-38 points over the season. 

But he is closing the deficit and if he continues to do so at the rate we are on course to reach 4th bottom around the 30-35 game mark   .....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

But he is closing the deficit and if he continues to do so at the rate we are on course to reach 4th bottom around the 30-35 game mark   .....

Disagree, current points per game performance sees us finish rock bottom, by some distance.

 

Also Derby and Forest at home tonight, both winnable games, so likely the deficit could be 9 points, which by that logic, closing the deficit by 3 points every 10  games takes it right to the wire at 40 games+....which is why I prefer to assess by points per game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...