WEDNESDAY Vs BOURNEMOUTH (omdt)

1 hour ago, Eggy Bread said:

Great post btw.

4-4-2 is simply not fashionable. I've got a B license in coaching and all the 'educators' talk about is how great a 4-3-3 is or a 3-5-2 ect.... And they'll totally dismiss and frown at the 4-4-2. So I think what we are seeing is a coach who follows a book and isn't confident in his own thoughts...hence the lack of passion. These licenses, are stifling our natural ability to play.  The recent game between Arsenal and Dundalk, the coach of Dundalk wasn't allowed to coach his team for that game cos FIFA said he didn't have his 'Pro license'. 

I'm all for setting standards in coaching because it brings professionalism, but when it's the B all and end all then where's the difference going to come from? 

Anyway a 4-4-2 is a very sophisticated and flexible system that only invidualised and experienced coaches can master. Because you can effectively stack the defence and counter at the same time. But they don't coach coaches to learn this. Hence the position we're in. We're a massive club and SHOULD be in the prem, and knocking on the top 5 door. And using our academy players also rather than these agent led B graders.

Other wise what's the point of an academy.  Now I'm ranting. But arghhh.......ahhhh I feel better now....

Ooo the wife's just made me an egg sandwich 🙆

Really interesting post, especially from someone called Eggy Bread.

• Haha 2

Would be a tough game even if we was a decent side. 

Still have Josh King to come in and play and on top of that David Brooks. They look, on paper at least a very good side! Unbeaten aswell so far. 

I don’t see anything but a win for Bournemouth. I don’t see anything but Monk sticking with a back 3 and I don’t see any sort of magical change. Seems he’s sticking with this formation and he will go down with his ship.

• Like 1

I don’t think I even want us to score first because it will just be kidding us. 
Absolutely no way are we capable of defending a lead , especially if it gets near the end.

Don’t think I want another late winner from the opposition, it’s just horrible.

One of the absolute tell tale signs of a good v bad side is that good sides don’t concede late goals, unfortunately if we were 3 up we wouldn’t be confident.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

After recent performances it's really difficult to see how we can get anything out of this one.

However, this is Wednesday were talking about so I'm going 3-1 Wizards.👍

UTO

FTB

The last time we scored 3 at home was 9th April 2019, 3-0  v Nottingham F. (Matias 2, Boyd) when Bruce was manager.

29 home league matches since then. :duntmatter:

2 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

image.png.2f8b5def795f7d0fd84d914bd6bd6d2c.png

David Brooks... I've heard that name before somewhere...

That really is an uncomfortable tw4t of a photo to consider at the current time....Mr Bean and Henry VIII. UTO.

Edited by MrsHall

Nah then m’lud th’art a bit early wi this. A good many on ‘ere are suffering from creeping senility anyhow wi’art thee buggering abaht wi’t days o’t’week!!! Are we playing’ toneet or tomorro neet? 
Best if we play toneet and Bournemouth don’t show up till tomorro neet. Might get a 0-0 if that’s the case. Am I bovvered...am I f***!

5 hours ago, Eggy Bread said:

Great post btw.

4-4-2 is simply not fashionable. I've got a B license in coaching and all the 'educators' talk about is how great a 4-3-3 is or a 3-5-2 ect.... And they'll totally dismiss and frown at the 4-4-2. So I think what we are seeing is a coach who follows a book and isn't confident in his own thoughts...hence the lack of passion. These licenses, are stifling our natural ability to play.  The recent game between Arsenal and Dundalk, the coach of Dundalk wasn't allowed to coach his team for that game cos FIFA said he didn't have his 'Pro license'. 

I'm all for setting standards in coaching because it brings professionalism, but when it's the B all and end all then where's the difference going to come from? 

Anyway a 4-4-2 is a very sophisticated and flexible system that only invidualised and experienced coaches can master. Because you can effectively stack the defence and counter at the same time. But they don't coach coaches to learn this. Hence the position we're in. We're a massive club and SHOULD be in the prem, and knocking on the top 5 door. And using our academy players also rather than these agent led B graders.

Other wise what's the point of an academy.  Now I'm ranting. But arghhh.......ahhhh I feel better now....

Ooo the wife's just made me an egg sandwich 🙆

Agreed, coaches are killing the game we once knew and loved. I remember going to a seminar run by Sean Macaulay. All about zonal play. Getting to the bye line and pulling a cross back like say Peter Barnes used to do, was said to be old fashioned.