WEDNESDAY Vs BOURNEMOUTH (omdt)

If we concede early tonight i fear a right caning. No confidence and capitulation. Our only hope is 0-0 for as long as we can and hope we scrape a lucky goal somehow. I dont know how though. Our set pieces and corners are dreadful.

If we lose tonight and DC doesnt pull the trigger then Monk must be here for season come what may.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The players are lost.  The lack of goals is a killer in a team.  It puts the goalie and defence on edge from the first minute.  You know conceding one, you need to score 2, and we rarely do that.  

It is a team issue not just the strikers.  The chance creation problem has been an issue for 3 seasons especially at home.  It is rooted in lack of pace, a lack of confidence to try different things on the pitch, and a lack of penalty box strength and nous.  The latter we had in Fletcher, we simply do not have that player anymore in the squad.  Paterson isnt in the same league as Fletcher.

It is very, very hard to see a way out of this currently and I fear for the worst tonight.  Borner is likely to play and looks absolutely broken as a player, we know Bournemouth will get lots of shots in early given the relatively poor quality of the goalkeeper.

A chastening defeat - 4-0 - and Bullen in charge again by the weekend.

The thought of Borner up against their speedy front players is a very scary one. 

• Like 1

Great post btw.

4-4-2 is simply not fashionable. I've got a B license in coaching and all the 'educators' talk about is how great a 4-3-3 is or a 3-5-2 ect.... And they'll totally dismiss and frown at the 4-4-2. So I think what we are seeing is a coach who follows a book and isn't confident in his own thoughts...hence the lack of passion. These licenses, are stifling our natural ability to play.  The recent game between Arsenal and Dundalk, the coach of Dundalk wasn't allowed to coach his team for that game cos FIFA said he didn't have his 'Pro license'. 

I'm all for setting standards in coaching because it brings professionalism, but when it's the B all and end all then where's the difference going to come from? 

Anyway a 4-4-2 is a very sophisticated and flexible system that only invidualised and experienced coaches can master. Because you can effectively stack the defence and counter at the same time. But they don't coach coaches to learn this. Hence the position we're in. We're a massive club and SHOULD be in the prem, and knocking on the top 5 door. And using our academy players also rather than these agent led B graders.

Other wise what's the point of an academy.  Now I'm ranting. But arghhh.......ahhhh I feel better now....

Ooo the wife's just made me an egg sandwich 🙆

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

If we concede early tonight i fear a right caning. No confidence and capitulation. Our only hope is 0-0 for as long as we can and hope we scrape a lucky goal somehow. I dont know how though. Our set pieces and corners are dreadful.

If we lose tonight and DC doesnt pull the trigger then Monk must be here for season come what may.

Pretty much been our strategy all season. 

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

He will be here for this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Why would Chansiri wait until losing tonight against a fancied Bournemouth?

If he was going to go surely it would have been after the Wycombe game.

It tells me all I need to know about Chansiri and his complete lack of knowledge around a football club 

The silence is deafening 😡

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko1992 said:

What? there's another game? FFS 🆘

Or.... we can count ourselves lucky they're coming in so hot Chansiri at last is forced to sack Monk.

Not one for tracking our "unsavoury" records, but what's the longest Beaten run we've gone on, and could Monk be on his way to beating it? I.e. consecutive losses without wins or draws in between.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Or.... we can count ourselves lucky they're coming in so hot Chansiri at last is forced to sack Monk.

Not one for tracking our "unsavoury" records, but what's the longest Beaten run we've gone on, and could Monk be on his way to beating it? I.e. consecutive losses without wins or draws in between.

8 games September to October 2000

or 20 games without a win 1975

• Thanks 2