WEDNESDAY Vs BOURNEMOUTH (omdt)

Thanks Snoots, that's the best one in the last 3/4. I loved what Jos did too. Looking back on him, I wanted him gone at the end, but I had more patience with him than monk. I have a soft sport for him weirdly. I will always remember that picture of him at the train station sat with his drink after he got sacked. I'm sure someone could kindly post it. Now this is even weirder, Jos was in one of my dreams last night haha let the jokes commence. Maybe it's a sign that monk may go mental and get sacked? I'm going for 0-4 Bournemouth, with a red card and penalty.  

lolWTF:Monkmanface:duntmatter:

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

138553493.Cbsg5RRM.shitcreekpaddlestore.jpeg.728f3bc0f4f290cf7f69c3ed428a4830.jpeg

There is a famous scene in the film Mike Bassett England manager when, after some disasterous results and performances he faces the press and announces he will playing 4-4-f*cking-2. 

And you know, I'd quite like it if Monk did that. Not go 4-4-2 you understand. I mean show a bit of spark, a bit of spirit, passion, whatever you want to call it. Though I must say I wouldn't mind seeing a variant on 4-4-2 as outdated as it is in the modern game if it meant ditching the old 3 centre halves and non of them is centre half thing we're trying to perfect.

But no, I'm on about the things boiling over.

We had Carlos waving his £20 note around and banging on how he was going to tell us all what was what when he left. (still waiting on that by the way , Carlos old Cork!)

image.png.ac80e8f8905a74c1805001236c17963e.png

We had Jos with his "How many times do you ask the same question, f*ck me, every week."

I loved that. I did. I thought 'go on Jos! That's it!' because as bad as things are, I like to see some balls.

I do, by God, I do like to see it. I do. That bit of needle. That bit of temper coming out.

A bit of passion. I'm not really sure why they save it until the death knoll if I'm honest with you, when they're about to be out on their arris. Why not get a bit lively before the axe is on it's way down?

It's this thing isn't it about "being proffesional" . Image etc etc etc. Well sod that, I say.  Football is a game of passion! Excitement! And if we're not going to see it on the sodding pitch, I'd at least like to see a bit in the press conferences and interviews! Something, anything,  to open my drooping eyelids!

Maybe if there was a bit more livliness in the dressing room and the training ground instead of whiteboards and chat about collectives there might be a bit more spark in the players.

I don't know,  maybe players can't take it these days, I don't know.

And of course. It's not everything is it passion, doesn't actusally win you anything. You can have a passionate team that are absolute bobbins. Passion doesn't make a difference. But when the teams playing bobbins, then I'd like to see a bit of passion.  When things are turning to diarrhoea in your hands, you want something to clap about.

Well not litterally of course. But you get the drift and if that's your manager going ape and smacking a linesman...or going for Doom at the pre match, clambering over the front desk, microphones flying...well at least it's something to get me out of my seat. Raise a smile.

Will we be smiling at 9:30 tomorrow night?

I suspect not.

I hope we are. I do.

There's still part of me that thinks "Would be typical Wednesday to win this one"

But I suspect we won't be. Not this time. No, we won't be smiling.

But at least Monk and Jason Tindall rolling about in the technical area, fists flying, while Beattie shouts "Leave it Gaz, he's not worth it!" like a Hi Karate wearing top shagger back in the day, not wanting to get his slip-ons scuffed in the melee, would be a talking point.

image.png.e11c49f7820930c64f108b21efa0f2ce.png

WEDNESDAY

Vs

BOURNEMOUTH

image.png.58663177a22ce61a784b977f810fe353.png

Wednesday 3rd November 2020

k.o. 7:45pm
Hillsbrough
Ref: Jeremy Simpson

(Apps: 5 ,Yellows: 13 , Reds: 1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bournemouth will be hoping to keep the pressure on the top two, while Wednesday, bloody Wednesday, will be looking for any kind of result to halt their poor run of form , including the possibilty of match abandonment due to low flying drones.

Wednesday went down 1-0 to  Wycombe  on Saturday a club who'd not won a game all season and never won a game in the second tier of English football and in the process condemed us to four losses on the spin and leaving us rooted to the foot of the Championship table. And when I say rooted, I actually mean rooted. As in, below the surface. Still on minus.

TEAM NEWS

WEDNESDAY

Garry Monk is now facing increased pressure,  as we've only managed two goals in our last six, having conceded nine in that same period.

Six wins in 32 fixtures, as well as no home win in over eight months, means that we're are eight points behind 23rd-placed Wycombe after Saturday's defeat and still 10 points shy of safety. I mean we knew it was going to be tough. But for Gods sake ...I don't think even the most doom hardy thought it would be quite as bad as it's turned in the last 3 weeks.

And now we welcome a talent-filled Bournemouth side, before facing Millwall, Preston North End and promotion-chasing Swansea City. FFS and they've got that Brooks turning out for them. There's an ill feeling in my stomach.

Massimo Luongo is still out, and we look bloody lost without him, as will the likes of Dominic Iorfa, Tom Lees.

Brown took a whack on Saturday so who knows if he'll be fit again.

Monk, made five changes on Saturday, and lets be honest, he had to the way things are going. But it didn't make much odds. He could well shuffle his pack once more but to be honest I think he'd be better off steering clear of that bloody 3-5-2 formation.

image.png.25c50029fdc39a74f81c29d6da5d1cec.png

Wont line up like this:
Wildsmith

Odubajo   Iorfa   Borner   Palmer

Harris   Pelupessy   Bannan Reach

Paterson   Rhodes

BOURNEMOUTH

Bournemouth come into this fixture off the back of a 1-1 draw with Derby County, after they had to come from behind against Phillip Cocu's men.

Rodrigo Riquelme's first Bournemouth goal kept the Football League's last unbeaten record alive on Wayne Rooney's return from self-isolation for Derby.

Jason Tindall will be concerned that his side are yet to fulfill their potential having managed three 1-1 draws in their last four games, and he will be hoping that they can overcome a troubled Wednesday side on Tuesday for their fifth win of the season.

The Cherries' trip to Hillsborough is followed by an away fixture with Birmingham City and a home tie with leaders Reading.

Tindall recalled Arnaut Danjuma, Philip Billing and Diego Rico for Saturday's fixture, and these three face competition from Dan Gosling, Joshua King and Lloyd Kelly, who could return to the matchday group. David Brooks could also be in line for a start having recently returned from injury.

Bournemouth possible:
Begovic

Mepham   Cook     Kelly

Stacey     Cook     Billing     Smith

Danjuma

King       Solanke

FORM  GUIDE

Wednesday  form: D-W-L-L-L-L

Bournemouth form: W-D-D-D-W-D

And as we sleep walk to dissaster. Not just this season, but likley for many years to come if we're relegated , I'd like to leave you tonight with the words of our own Bard, Mr @asteener1867 who has penned some new lyrics to the tune of the old Simon and Garfunkel classic.

The Sound of Silence

Hello League 1 my old friend

We come to play with you  again

It seems that goals against .. we're leaking

Myopic forwards blindly seeking

The divisions. plainly planted in my team

remain it seems....

Amid the sound...of Silence

This restless team can't win at home

and lose whenever they do roam

Our better players get an Hamstring strain

Its always months before they're fit again

and the new season signings simply fall in a gentle  breeze

(he's got tin knees)

And still the sound...Of Silence

Fool said I you do not see

4-4-2 from 4-3-3

a roaming number 9 played "in the Hole"

Is no good if he can't score a goal

but our cries..like silent raindrops fell

f.ookin' ell

And still the Sound ..of Silence

And so The Wednesday fans they pray

someone will get it right some day

Despite the prayers, the pleas, the matchday rants

reliance on the Golden Elephants

Lets be done with the superticious nonsense 

and the jostick prayers....

...........no-one cares!

Amid the sound......of Silence

COME ON

WEDNESDAY

FFS

COME ON!

Really good M’lud sums up the mood around the club perfectly. Can’t see anything but another defeat the negative tactics are killing any confidence the players have. 
But we are Wednesday and we live in hope. UTO 

• Like 1

Will be the easiest game of the season for Bournemouth, a comfortable win. Disappointed we've conceded another game, but we never act quickly or decisively enough.

The biggest question is whether we might manage a shot on target. 

Difficult to make a case for optimism, in the 3 days since Wycombe we're not going to have undertaken a tactical masterclass, team selection just shuffling deck chairs without any motivation or plan to go with it and we saw Monk's pathetic attempt at going for it at Wycombe was just putting every attacking player on with no sense of order or cohesion hoping something happens. 

Another waste of time and money, 0-2 Bournemouth. 

Good luck to those with the energy and patience to be optimistic, I've decided to be mardy and have a face on until Monk goes 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Snoots once more. Can't resist the OMDT no matter how pap we are. 

Hoping for a draw me. And god knows a bloody half decent performance. We were playing well and feeling optimistic not so long ago how it's gone so fubar so quickly is still a mystery to me.

0-0

• Thanks 1

The players are lost.  The lack of goals is a killer in a team.  It puts the goalie and defence on edge from the first minute.  You know conceding one, you need to score 2, and we rarely do that.  

It is a team issue not just the strikers.  The chance creation problem has been an issue for 3 seasons especially at home.  It is rooted in lack of pace, a lack of confidence to try different things on the pitch, and a lack of penalty box strength and nous.  The latter we had in Fletcher, we simply do not have that player anymore in the squad.  Paterson isnt in the same league as Fletcher.

It is very, very hard to see a way out of this currently and I fear for the worst tonight.  Borner is likely to play and looks absolutely broken as a player, we know Bournemouth will get lots of shots in early given the relatively poor quality of the goalkeeper.

A chastening defeat - 4-0 - and Bullen in charge again by the weekend.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thanks for that, Lord Snoots!

And brilliant lyrics, @asteener1867! 🙂

Result tonight, 1-3 to the visitors, we stand no chance. And it's time we get rid of the passionless Monk who showed more passion hugging Wycombe staff than firing up our own boys...

our consolation will be that we scored a goal.

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The players are lost.  The lack of goals is a killer in a team.  It puts the goalie and defence on edge from the first minute.  You know conceding one, you need to score 2, and we rarely do that.  

It is a team issue not just the strikers.  The chance creation problem has been an issue for 3 seasons especially at home.  It is rooted in lack of pace, a lack of confidence to try different things on the pitch, and a lack of penalty box strength and nous.  The latter we had in Fletcher, we simply do not have that player anymore in the squad.  Paterson isnt in the same league as Fletcher.

It is very, very hard to see a way out of this currently and I fear for the worst tonight.  Borner is likely to play and looks absolutely broken as a player, we know Bournemouth will get lots of shots in early given the relatively poor quality of the goalkeeper.

A chastening defeat - 4-0 - and Bullen in charge again by the weekend.

I 100% agree. I nicknamed Böner, Panzer at the start of last season, but now he's more like a little plastic toy soldier, unfortunately.