Cauley Woodrow - Champ Team of the Month

Cauley woodrow has been named by sky sports in their team of the month, alongside Ivan Toney at Brentford. 

Loads of us on here saying we should have gone in for him in January. Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, but a big opportunity missed IMO. 

Instead we wait til the summer and go in for a striker who is a defender, and Jack Marriot who is by all accounts dreadful. 

Liked the look of him when he was at Fulham, he's done well at Barnsley.

However, we've seen time and again players come to us and not live up to their previous reputation. I think it says more about our managers and their negative approach than the players.... mostly, not always. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Woodrow would struggle in this side!

Marriott isn’t a bad player. He’s walked into a team low on confidence playing for a struggling manager who’s lost the plot. 

He walked into a team that were doing ok, we have been terrible since he came in.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d suggest losing Brown, Iorfa and Luongo was more of a blow than Marriott coming in. 

I will say it again, I am not blaming Marriott for the poor form, I am saying when he came in we had been doing ok.

He didn't join a team low on confidence, which is what you said.

7 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

He walked into a team that were doing ok, we have been terrible since he came in.

We have been terrible since last Xmas. Marriot in a attacking team will score goals. In our he will be dreadful. We could bring in Lukaku and he would be terrible playing for monk 

• Love 1