Look at THIS - The chairman needs to explain this to the fans

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I added the fourth one about an hour after I posted the first post mate

OK you're absolved.

But not for the crime of saying we won 0-0 at Walsall without conceeding a goal.  We either won and conceded penalties or we drew!

That great winning run didn't last too long anyway, did it?   One match, I made it.

In my time suporting T'Lads, we've won the Central League (old reserve competition) just the twice.

1960-1, when the first team came 2nd in the top division.

1990-1 when the first team won promotion and the League cup.

Coincidence?   Must be some link with a happy coaching staff which runs through the entire playing staff.  .    

• Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan

No real interest in the U23's tables or the U18's. The teams can be bottom all year long for me as long there's one, if weren't extremely lucky two, decent prospects going to develop from them.

Someone mentioned earlier, our u23's won the league a few seasons ago. A good, well organised little team but ultimately, produced nobody for the first team.

Just now, Mcguigan said:

No real interest in the U23's tables or the U18's. The teams can be bottom all year long for me as long there's one, if weren't extremely lucky two, decent prospects going to develop from them.

Someone mentioned earlier, our u23's won the league a few seasons ago. A good, well organised little team but ultimately, produced nobody for the first team.

Apart from the players in the first team you mean?

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan
56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're first team players?

Then why are you hung up about where the current U23's and U18's teams are in the league?

The those age groups are to produce individuals not teams.

And to be honest, squad members would describe them more accurately than first team players.

4 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Then why are you hung up about where the current U23's and U18's teams are in the league?

And to be honest, squad members would describe them more accurately than first team players.

Attractive proposition for any 16-21 year old looking for a new club. Come and play for Wednesday and lose every week 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I think you've lost sight of the bigger picture here mate

Go back to the first post in this thread and have another look

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Does DC really need to explain - we know he’s an proper idiot (stubborn, running a football club with little understanding of how the business of football works, vain, too proud and arrogant to take advice, etc etc).  So there’s enough of a reason.  Look no further than squandering his family’s money, the 12 point deduction and getting mugged by a series of football conmen, taking the fan base for granted....  The only question for me is what, if anything, we can do to force him out.  One way or another he has to go.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We're a bit sh*t aren't we really. 

Whether there should be genuine concern about academy performance is irrelevant. We're bottom in every league we're involved in.

It just highlights what an absolute disaster we are right now.  

We have an owner that's gone awol, no one in the country running the club and talking to the fans. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1