Who was the best chairman?

Who was the best chairman?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best chairman?

• Dejphon Chansiri
    • Dave Allen

Just now, billyblack said:

where? lowering the wage bill fair enough, where else?

You're not listening
We've been told very clearly in this thread that Chansiri has started to put things right

You need to take that onboard and stop questioning it

He's started to put things right

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You're not listening
We've been told very clearly in this thread that Chansiri has started to put things right

You need to take that onboard and stop questioning it

He's started to put things right

Gotcha.

Dont know why i was worried.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Grandad said:

It may surprise you to know that despite being sued by Dave Allen - out of the two I voted for him.

What Dave Allen did to our clubs fans was heinous. But he left the club stronger than it was when he arrived.

What Chansiri has done to our club is worse. 

He's also paved way for fan ownership of Chesterfield.

Which is , of course, what we need and footy generally.

Would Dave Allen have sacked Monk by now?

In my opinion yes. He would have probably got shut at the end of last season not backed the absolute pony of a manager that we still have in place.

Would Dave Allen have tried to do a scheme to circumvent FFP ultimately landing the club with a 12 point handicap?

In my opinion, no he wouldnt have been so stupid.

Therefore out of the 2 awful choices, I would vote Allen as the better chairman.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

It may surprise you to know that despite being sued by Dave Allen - out of the two I voted for him.

What Dave Allen did to our clubs fans was heinous. But he left the club stronger than it was when he arrived.

Chansiri hasn't finished with us yet, surely both should be judged at the end of their tenure. 

• Thanks 1

Dave Allen without a doubt.

Successful businessman who left the club in a better state than he found it, yeah his PR wasn't the best with fans etc... but when it came to business he knew his stuff.

Chansiri had the finance and didn't know what to do with it possibly from bad advice.

Now we don't own a stadium, getting relegated and have for the first time a points deduction.

And we won't have bottomed out next year either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think anyone should have a go at you or criticise you for having your opinion mate

But I have to ask - what evidence have you seen during Chansiri's time here go make you think that?

Am genuinely curious

I dont have any evidence mate. He hasnt learned before so why should he now ? I dont know.

I just remember Allen and thinking he is genuinely only is concerned with himself. Chansiri i do think he cares he just refuses to accept help or advice.

Staying up this year i believe we would then be within FFP guidelines which means he can have another go at promotion which i think he would and you never know this time we could go that one step further and make it, which would mean he has been a success. is it a long shot yeah it is but it could happen. Will it ? Probably not. 

Going down this year would be devastating. If we keep Monk much longer we will. Then we could quite easily keep dropping.

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

He hasn’t left yet !!   UTO 

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Dave Allen without a doubt.

Successful businessman who left the club in a better state than he found it, yeah his PR wasn't the best with fans etc... but when it came to business he knew his stuff.

Chansiri had the finance and didn't know what to do with it possibly from bad advice.

Now we don't own a stadium, getting relegated and have for the first time a points deduction.

And we won't have bottomed out next year either. 

Remind me how much we owed the Co-op bank, that nearly saw us in administration.