Who was the best chairman?

Who was the best chairman?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best chairman?

• Dejphon Chansiri
    • Dave Allen

43 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

So the choice is between a man who loaned the club money with interest and almost took us to oblivion after trying to sue a fans group, or a man who admits to knowing sod all about football but has pumped £150M into a club he probably hadn't even heard of before he bought us. 
Difficult one that.

Neither of them should be allowed anywhere near a football club. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Colinwestzicoest said:

In Football I go with the fool who doesn't mind losing money over the bonafide businessman who hates losing money. Clubs with bonafide businessmen as chairman are more likely to go bust. Football is not normal business, good job we have a crackpot chairman currently, might just help us survive. 

Well we currently have in place the  very thing that you're endorsing

How's it going?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I still think DC can turn this around. 

I know im in the minority here but he CAN get this right, but he has to act now and get rid of Monk and get someone in ASAP. Staying up this season is the only way he can do this tho. Sacking Monk today is a must.

Then if we can manage to stay up this season with a new approach that a new manager would bring in (big if i know) then we start a fresh next year and move forward.

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Voted DA.

I honestly don’t think you can use Allen’s behaviour towards fans as a negative against him. The worlds a very different place now and as he probably found out at Chesterfield you can’t really do what he did, now. If Chansiri had the level of abuse he gets now, 15 years ago, I genuinely think he would’ve done the same as Allen anyway.

So after that you’re left with how both ran the club. Allen ran a tight ship to keep the club out of trouble. DC has just ran us full steam ahead into an iceberg.

Don't know about you but I loved being called a cretin. Great sign of a well run club. 

4 minutes ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

In Football I go with the fool who doesn't mind losing money over the bonafide businessman who hates losing money. Clubs with bonafide businessmen as chairman are more likely to go bust. Football is not normal business, good job we have a crackpot chairman currently, might just help us survive. 

It all depends on the areas where the ‘fool’ doesn’t mind losing money. We’re bleeding money from all the worst places.

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I still think DC can turn this around. 

I know im in the minority here but he CAN get this right 

I don't think anyone should have a go at you or criticise you for having your opinion mate

But I have to ask - what evidence have you seen during Chansiri's time here go make you think that?

Am genuinely curious

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, paddyowl said:

Can't forgive Dave Allen for his attitude and behavior in his tenure.

Obviously DC is making a complete b0110cks of things ATM but he still has the time and resource's to remedy things, he just needs to take advise and follow through with it, listen to someone who knows how to run things instead of being single minded, no more power games.

Blind faith maybe? It's about all we can cling on to ATM.

You are right about Chansiri still being in charge so has the opportunity to turn things around but it will take time.
Possibly 2-3 years and think we are 90% certain to be in league 1 during that time.

• Like 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

You are right about Chansiri still being in charge so has the opportunity to turn things around but it will take time.
Possibly 2-3 years and think we are 90% certain to be in league 1 during that time.

How would that be 'turning it round'?

Owlstalk Shop