Who was the best chairman?

Who was the best chairman?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best chairman?

• Dejphon Chansiri
    • Dave Allen

49 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It may surprise you to know that despite being sued by Dave Allen - out of the two I voted for him.

What Dave Allen did to our clubs fans was heinous. But he left the club stronger than it was when he arrived.

What Chansiri has done to our club is worse. 

That’s how I cast my vote too 

• Thanks 1

I didn't vote for either of them.

Think taking legal action against some fans for comments on the internet is a bit unforgivable.

But under Dave Allen I did think we were steady enough run.

Also felt when Dave Allen was Chairman we still had more of  link to the local area.
To me I think a club like Wednesday loses something when it's taken over from someone on other side of the world who wouldnt be able to find Sheffield on a map before he brought us. I felt this way even when we had that good first season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So the choice is between a man who loaned the club money with interest and almost took us to oblivion after trying to sue a fans group, or a man who admits to knowing sod all about football but has pumped £150M into a club he probably hadn't even heard of before he bought us. 
Difficult one that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

DC has probably has worse things said about him and his family than DA ever did 

fizz me

ALL the Uberfan cliches are getting trotted out this morning

*doesn't mention the irony of uberfans turning on Dave Allen in this thread after everything they said to fellow Wednesday fans during his tenure*

The absolute insecurity of Uberfans though.. One thing that's become clear just in this post, is that the uberfans will switch sides regarding chairmen, managers etc- so long  as it means they can continue to throw attacks at Wednesday fans to try and remain relevant.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Voted DA.

I honestly don’t think you can use Allen’s behaviour towards fans as a negative against him. The worlds a very different place now and as he probably found out at Chesterfield you can’t really do what he did, now. If Chansiri had the level of abuse he gets now, 15 years ago, I genuinely think he would’ve done the same as Allen anyway.

So after that you’re left with how both ran the club. Allen ran a tight ship to keep the club out of trouble. DC has just ran us full steam ahead into an iceberg.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We’ve had a crap selection of chairman that essentially cared more for themselves than for the club. 

Allen and McGhee both tight; although I think Allen deep down thought he could make a quick buck from us and it went wrong. 

DC and Richards, spent money coupled terrible management decisions. 

All had little knowledge of setting a long term strategy, both on and off the pitch. 

Mandaric has got to be the best in his limited time here 

• Thanks 1