Radio Silence

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The only thing I want to hear from Chansiri is monk is sacked. 

And that's where we all are. The fans and DC, all in the same boat... again. There is nothing for DC to say until he announces Monk is gone.

He's already given him a vote of confidence by allowing him to bring in his team of Blvdes, and having some say on the players we'll be stuck with for the next couple of seasons.

I think it's probably going to be a thumbs down.

47E7FF6800000578-0-image-m-67_1515430411285.jpg

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I prefer your fired... It infuriates the Grammar Police 

garymegson

It's probably a good idea to have a word with the person who's going to replace the Manager before you get shot of your current manager too.

In this case DC knows Lee Bullen can do no worse than Garry Monk, certainly in the short term, as he's proved that before. We know Lee will immediately go back to square pegs in square holes.

I can't see DC doing anything this week though, because it's a very expensive game sacking football managers, especially when times are as hard as they are.

However, the potential of losing £7m of television revenue will focus his mind soon.

What difference will a week make?

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

BTW not sure what this thread is about 

The only statement that wouldn’t make the fans furious is news that we have sacked Monk

I wouldn’t want the chairman or club to give us any other kind of update and nor will they

I have to admit I agree.

I have zero faith in the owners ability to run the club and anything he’d have to say right now would probably only annoy me even more.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Maybe if he’s going to announce sacking the manager he needs to actually sack him first - contrary to popular belief it’s not as easy as just getting on the phone and saying “your fired” Alan Sugar style.

I remember when we sacked Chris Turner. Radio Sheffield we’re waiting to interview him at 5pm after another home defeat and instead Dave Allen walked in and said ‘we’re clearly not making any progress so I’ve sacked him’. It’s as simple as that

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Ahhh the good old days

You 100% knew where you stood with Dave Allen

At all times

You might not like/agree witih it but you definitely knew where you stood with Dave Allen

Whether you were a manager, a player, a member of staff or a supporter

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Ahhh the good old days

It’s a sorry state when you think Dave Allen would do a better job of managing it

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It is mate 

Sorry, but it isn’t.

Before there is any announcement there would have to be a discussion with the manager and his advisers.  The club would want some safeguards about confidentiality which would involve a negotiation about pay off, as an absolute minimum. 
They would also need to speak to a temporary replacement assuming they have no one lined up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Minesapint said:

Sorry, but it isn’t.

Before there is any announcement there would have to be a discussion with the manager and his advisers.  The club would want some safeguards about confidentiality which would involve a negotiation about pay off, as an absolute minimum. 
They would also need to speak to a temporary replacement assuming they have no one lined up. 

You're overcomplicating it (to say the least)

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Complete silence from all angles within the club - we’ve had the worst results period for a long time against 3 teams where we all thought we’d pick up points. 

Prior to this - we were fed YouTube and Social propaganda of a good group of lads laughing and joking and playing games in the training ground by Monk who wanted to show a different side to the club and engage with the fans. 

Fine, but the fans want engaging when the times are tough and we don’t want to just see them arsing about. Monk provides absolutely no value during a post match interview at all - fine margins, I take the blame, I can do a job, record isn’t good etc - no substance whatsoever on a plan or how it’s gone wrong. Whilst the lads plaster social when we’re winning - they’re zip when we lose, Bannan our club captain has said naff all since February - they love the plaudits when it’s good but won’t come out holding their hands up when it’s bad, and it’s really bad. No sign of reaching out to fans who want to understand what’s going on or engagement whatsoever. 

And then a chairman who we ALL want to hear from today or tomorrow - no manager should survive the run of results not only from The start of the season, Not only from the restart of last season, but from the beginning of the year - his PPG has absolutely gone through the floor to 0.4 a game - we need 1.5 to scrape staging up. DC - if you’re going to back Monk, bring out a statement and explain your actions ASAP - because this fanbase has had enough.

Does take time. Especially if tapping up someone in a job -Warney would do.

Hopefully, during international break,  all will be all sorted.

We need either Bruce clone or Reading manager's mentor.

Or someone like that geezer just landed at Barnsley. 

But aint that difficult - if Chansiri delegates.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly would have rather had Dave Allen over the last 18 months

Not even joking either

Deadly serious

I agree.. he was out of his depth because he simply didn’t have the resources to be involved with us. That meant he was tight, put as much as he could in but it wasn’t enough.

He had some business sense though and wasn’t indecisive or lacking in communication. Which would be an upgrade on now

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I agree.. he was out of his depth because he simply didn’t have the resources to be involved with us. That meant he was tight, put as much as he could in but it wasn’t enough.

He had some business sense though and wasn’t indecisive or lacking in communication. Which would be an upgrade on now

We would have been PANTS on the pitch - like really bad - but not as bad as we currently are

Off the pitch we would have been much much better off. More secure, more stable, losing less money, and with a tiny glimmer of hope

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're overcomplicating it (to say the least)

Not at all. Simply pointing out there is a process that will be followed. 
DC ringing GM telling him he’s done and then telling the fans is far too simplistic

Whatever people think about GM we have to remember we dealing with an individual who has rights and should be dealt with respectfully 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I remember when we sacked Chris Turner. Radio Sheffield we’re waiting to interview him at 5pm after another home defeat and instead Dave Allen walked in and said ‘we’re clearly not making any progress so I’ve sacked him’. It’s as simple as that

DC doesn’t make decisions when he’s not in the country.