Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Complete silence from all angles within the club - we’ve had the worst results period for a long time against 3 teams where we all thought we’d pick up points. 
 

Prior to this - we were fed YouTube and Social propaganda of a good group of lads laughing and joking and playing games in the training ground by Monk who wanted to show a different side to the club and engage with the fans. 
 

Fine, but the fans want engaging when the times are tough and we don’t want to just see them arsing about. Monk provides absolutely no value during a post match interview at all - fine margins, I take the blame, I can do a job, record isn’t good etc - no substance whatsoever on a plan or how it’s gone wrong. Whilst the lads plaster social when we’re winning - they’re zip when we lose, Bannan our club captain has said naff all since February - they love the plaudits when it’s good but won’t come out holding their hands up when it’s bad, and it’s really bad. No sign of reaching out to fans who want to understand what’s going on or engagement whatsoever. 
 

And then a chairman who we ALL want to hear from today or tomorrow - no manager should survive the run of results not only from The start of the season, Not only from the restart of last season, but from the beginning of the year - his PPG has absolutely gone through the floor to 0.4 a game - we need 1.5 to scrape staging up. DC - if you’re going to back Monk, bring out a statement and explain your actions ASAP - because this fanbase has had enough.

We are in a bigger mess than when dave Allen was running us into ground ... I've backed chansiri my argument was always he's got the money to sort this out .... reality is he ain't..  who is running the club day to day ? He ain't.... my worry is we can't afford to sack him and his coaching team .... I'm seriously saddened by what is happening to our club wawaw

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Anyone who was complicit in selecting Reach as a central forward should be gone alongside Monk

 

Or Odubajo as a central defender.

 

Or Palmer as a central defender.

 

Or Forestieri as a left wing back.

 

Or Windass as a right wing back.

 

Or Pelupessy anywhere.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is as simple as picking the phone up calling monk and saying "sorry, you gave it a go, wasn't good enough, I know the weather's poo but get your  lawnmower  out for a bit and enjoy the lockdown. Hangup 

 

Get on the phone to bullen sadly and make him take training Monday. Then look for the next idiot to try and manage us.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the last time Chansiri put a statement out, apart from anything Covid related?

 

He never really acknowledged the EFL charge publicly did he? There was nothing stopping him, Mel Morris was doing press right up until the hearings. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

Maybe if he’s going to announce sacking the manager he needs to actually sack him first - contrary to popular belief it’s not as easy as just getting on the phone and saying “your fired” Alan Sugar style.

I prefer your fired... It infuriates the Grammar Police 

 

garymegson

 

It's probably a good idea to have a word with the person who's going to replace the Manager before you get shot of your current manager too.

 

In this case DC knows Lee Bullen can do no worse than Garry Monk, certainly in the short term, as he's proved that before. We know Lee will immediately go back to square pegs in square holes.

 

I can't see DC doing anything this week though, because it's a very expensive game sacking football managers, especially when times are as hard as they are.

 

However, the potential of losing £7m of television revenue will focus his mind soon.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

When was the last time Chansiri put a statement out, apart from anything Covid related?

 

He never really acknowledged the EFL charge publicly did he? There was nothing stopping him, Mel Morris was doing press right up until the hearings. 


Yep. Mel Morris was releasing club statements and being interviewed on Radio Derby.

 

DC loved all the attention when we were doing well but as soon as it’s gone wrong (all his own doing) he hides away. Will only speak at a fans forum where he usually throws his toys out of the pram and requests nothing is put out online which leaves thousands and thousands of fans in the dark and leads to more speculation and rumours. 

The longer Monk is in charge the reality is no matter what we are playing in League One next season. When a managers starts losing serially there is no return. I said this in pre season yet our chairman backed the man with more coaching staff and a new playing squad.

 

Both chairman and manager are out of their depth and this is why we are going down. It’s a shambles.

 

  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always think with the journos and our club nobody likes to state the obvious similar to those pointless fans forum. 
 

our club and the fans are distant 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Chow said:

I always think with the journos and our club nobody likes to state the obvious similar to those pointless fans forum. 
 

our club and the fans are distant 

 

 

 

That's nonsense

 

This morning Dom's done a lengthy piece saying that Monk's time is up

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

 

 

He never really acknowledged the EFL charge publicly did he? There was nothing stopping him, Mel Morris was doing press right up until the hearings. 

What did you want him to say?......he got the best lawyer on the case and when that went against us he lodged an appeal that is still ongoing ....blokes got a lot of faults but not discussing legal cases isnt one if them .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torryowl said:

What did you want him to say?......he got the best lawyer on the case and when that went against us he lodged an appeal that is still ongoing ....blokes got a lot of faults but not discussing legal cases isnt one if them .


Mel Morris discussed in detail why they’d done the stadium sale, what it entailed for Derby going forward and why he felt they’d done everything by the book, on various outlets.

 

It was an investigation by the EFL into a team breaking their competition rules, not a murder charge. There was nothing stopping Chansiri explaining his motives behind the stadium sale and where he felt it left us as a club. His silence has led to months, and now years, of speculation about who owns Hillsborough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Perhaps he is interviewing possible replacements before announcing GM's sacking.

 

That's how clubs seem to work these days.

 

Or at least I am hoping this is the case.

Perhaps Bullen said ...Don’t ask me to be stand in manager again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:


Mel Morris discussed in detail why they’d done the stadium sale, what it entailed for Derby going forward and why he felt they’d done everything by the book, on various outlets.

 

It was an investigation by the EFL into a team breaking their competition rules, not a murder charge. There was nothing stopping Chansiri explaining his motives behind the stadium sale and where he felt it left us as a club. His silence has led to months, and now years, of speculation about who owns Hillsborough. 

I'm pretty sure his legal team put the points across to the tribunal far better than chansiri would have been able too ....why would chansiri tell us the nuts and bolts of the deal when it's still on going  ....I guess he could do but thered be no point coz it wouldnt change anything 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

Is this a new trend? Are we all allowed to get involved?reface-2020-11-01-06-33-52.gif.3f99ff6b0d972b849e7efbdd4f861b28.gif

 

Disclaimer....in no way does this post suggest that Monk or Chansiri are homosexual.

Never thought it for one minute growler. It’s simply illustrating the hope of thousands of Wednesday fans that DC shafts Monk in the next 24 hours. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I'm pretty sure his legal team put the points across to the tribunal far better than chansiri would have been able too ....why would chansiri tell us the nuts and bolts of the deal when it's still on going  ....I guess he could do but thered be no point coz it wouldnt change anything 


I think you’re confusing what I’m saying.

 

I’m not saying Chansiri should be releasing statements explaining the process that landed us with a charge from the EFL in the forensic detail they’ll have gone into at the hearing. 
 

I’m saying he’s never publicly acknowledged the ground sale, the reason behind it and the subsequent charge relating to it. If he’d have explained why he’s sold the ground to himself, what the plan is going forward and a brief synopsis of why he felt we’re innocent of the charge it would’ve saved an absolute shedload of speculation and conjecture in the fanbase. 
 

Derby have been transparent and open with the fans from the day Morris sold the ground to himself. From what I’ve seen and heard, their fanbase has not displayed an ounce of the concern and worry about what the sale means for the club, that Wednesday fans have.

The nuts and bolts of the legal case don’t stop the club, or Chansiri, from being open and honest with the fans about the stadium sale. How Derby conducted themselves prove this. Just compare both club statements, Wednesday fans were looking at Derby’s for some semblance of detail for a start! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

No credible football club chairman would say/do nothing in the next 72 hours.

 

The only thing I want to hear from Chansiri is monk is sacked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Complete silence from all angles within the club - we’ve had the worst results period for a long time against 3 teams where we all thought we’d pick up points. 
 

Prior to this - we were fed YouTube and Social propaganda of a good group of lads laughing and joking and playing games in the training ground by Monk who wanted to show a different side to the club and engage with the fans. 
 

Fine, but the fans want engaging when the times are tough and we don’t want to just see them arsing about. Monk provides absolutely no value during a post match interview at all - fine margins, I take the blame, I can do a job, record isn’t good etc - no substance whatsoever on a plan or how it’s gone wrong. Whilst the lads plaster social when we’re winning - they’re zip when we lose, Bannan our club captain has said naff all since February - they love the plaudits when it’s good but won’t come out holding their hands up when it’s bad, and it’s really bad. No sign of reaching out to fans who want to understand what’s going on or engagement whatsoever. 
 

And then a chairman who we ALL want to hear from today or tomorrow - no manager should survive the run of results not only from The start of the season, Not only from the restart of last season, but from the beginning of the year - his PPG has absolutely gone through the floor to 0.4 a game - we need 1.5 to scrape staging up. DC - if you’re going to back Monk, bring out a statement and explain your actions ASAP - because this fanbase has had enough.

 

Nothing they say will pacify you.  You smell blood and you won't be satisfied till blood is spilt.  They will gain nothing from making public statements, they are not going to come out with some magic formula to make you smile again.  You are asking them to hand you targets so can shoot them down.

 

Seems a futile exercise to me.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:


I think you’re confusing what I’m saying.

 

I’m not saying Chansiri should be releasing statements explaining the process that landed us with a charge from the EFL in the forensic detail they’ll have gone into at the hearing. 
 

I’m saying he’s never publicly acknowledged the ground sale, the reason behind it and the subsequent charge relating to it. If he’d have explained why he’s sold the ground to himself, what the plan is going forward and a brief synopsis of why he felt we’re innocent of the charge it would’ve saved an absolute shedload of speculation and conjecture in the fanbase. 
 

Derby have been transparent and open with the fans from the day Morris sold the ground to himself. From what I’ve seen and heard, their fanbase has not displayed an ounce of the concern and worry about what the sale means for the club, that Wednesday fans have.

The nuts and bolts of the legal case don’t stop the club, or Chansiri, from being open and honest with the fans about the stadium sale. How Derby conducted themselves prove this. Just compare both club statements, Wednesday fans were looking at Derby’s for some semblance of detail for a start! 

 

This is a very good point well made. We knew nothing of what was happening and there was no reason to keep us in the dark. Platitudes about the Sheffield Wednesday family mean nothing in the end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...