Marriott vs butterfield

51 minutes ago, jrh said:

Yes he's been terrible so far but give him a chance! Hooper was horrendous for months and he turned out pretty well. Still think Rhodes should start the next game mind. 

So ,we have to give him a chance ...but drop him for the next game !!

Derby fans were complaining about him going on loan when they had NO OTHER strikers (Rooney is having to fill in there). Yet their management were still happy to farm him out. That should have been a warning.

I've been so disappointed in Marriott. I see he has averaged 7.6 passes per game at a 70% success rate. By my calculations that's 5 passes to a team mate per game. 

Of course he's rarely completed a full game so to be fair his passes per 90 minutes is 11 (presumably 7-8 successful) but that's still worse than anyone else in our squad. 

BTW Rhodes is almost as bad  - 14 passes per 90 mins but only 62% success rate - still only 7-8 successful passes per 90 mins.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
On 01/11/2020 at 01:13, Prawnsarnieowl said:

Marriott hasn’t made me drop any hot beverages yet but I think he might. 

I agree, you will be enjoying a nice cuppa in your back garden and one of his shots will knock it right out your hand.

"Butters" was a misunderstood player. The only reason he didn't hit the heights we were hoping was because of the players around him. Put him in a more talented and dynamic midfield then his talent would have shined through

He controlled the game in last seasons game against Luton at Hillsborough. Pulling the strings. The orchestrator if you will

On 31/10/2020 at 22:36, WalthamOwl said:

I’m sure Marriott use to be a good player before he signed for us. What the hell do we do to these players!?!

Said it when we signed him. Derby were bereft of goals and hadn’t won a game. The heard Marriott’s  replacement was supposed to be Connor Wickham. They knew what they were doing.

At least he’s shown glimpses of form in the past. Butterfingers was as much use on a football pitch as a bag of cement.

Who decides when we take a player on loan? If everyone is saying he is so poor, was he any good beforehand? If he was decent, then WTF has happened since? If was always pants, then why did we take him? This managerial/ coaching merry go round we always have is frightening.

Difference is that Butterfield was a proven Championship player who did poorly at Derby and who we hoped could help back to his best. He was poor here and every where he went after. 

Marriott did well in League One for club that plays very attacking football and creates loads of chances so he scored regularly. 

That is the reason why Derby gambled on him. However, in his time there he never looked like a Championship player and I guess that they would jump at the chance to get rid of him. 

Could have kept Winall as well... 

On 01/11/2020 at 23:41, sexpistol said:

I think it’s a bit harsh to say Hooper was horrendous for months.

I'm not sure on the exact timescale but I remember thinking (and many thinking the same) that after the Stoke game in the cup we should send him back because he had been extremely poor, lazy and ineffective. Yet he turned out to show his class, just a massive shame about his fitness/desire.