Wildsmith

Just now, Sefton owl said:

So he made some outstanding saves? Or was just generally much more reassuring than Dawson? I suspect the latter!

Well he made 2 saves and didn’t immediately palm them directly back to waiting forwards. 

So that’s a plus. 

I will say though - even though I’m not a fan at all - he does have fantastic agility...much better than Dawson in that regard

Just now, McRightSide said:

The saves we’re both saves you would expect a pro keeper in the top few divisions to make

To be honest I’ve never doubted Dawsons ability to make ‘saves’... But it’s just his calamitous decision making and inability to command his box that terrifies  both fans and the defenders in front of him. 

Just now, gbear05 said:

I don’t know what the problem with Westwood is, but when he plays, it’s not just his goalkeeping ability, his organisation of the defence makes a huge difference and they all seem more confident too.

I agree but I think Bywater is a better example

Westwood has proven to be an outstanding all round goalkeeper, Bywater was a relatively average goalkeeper who was able to organize extremely well

3 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

To be honest I’ve never doubted Dawsons ability to make ‘saves’... But it’s just his calamitous decision making and inability to command his box that terrifies  both fans and the defenders in front of him. 

How do you rate Wildsmith’s command of his box vs Dawson’s command of his box?

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

How do you rate Wildsmith’s command of his box vs Dawson’s command of his box?

Neither have any command they’re both moots and that’s why they’ll never make it

said it from day 1 of seeing em play 

9 hours ago, Django said:

I always feel more confident with Wildsmith in goal for some reason 

Same here, kind of the same feeling with Dawson as when I see Odubajo in our defence.

Wildsmith for me onwards, wish he'd been no. 1 from the start.

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Like 1

Sheffield Wednesday are eyeing a January move for Brighton goalkeeper Christian Walton, Football Insider can reveal.

Walton, who missed the start of the season with an ankle injury played the whole of last season on loan at Blackburn, is well down the pecking order at the Seagulls and could be loaned out in the winter window.