Garry Monk's view of todays defeat - surely can't last any longer than tonight now?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Did we play better, or were we playing a side that's really a League One side?

I suppose both. I thought Windass and Brown connected the midfield and attack today. Also, Reach and Harris were better on their natural sides. So, in general I thought our play in their half was better. The big problem with that is that we still failed to create any real clear cut chances.

I want to know who’s idea it is to lump ball up top all time.

lump it to Marriott who’s tiny n crap. 
paterson who’s slow, wins headers but goes to no one. 
the strategy is shocking. Don’t play to our players strengths. 
when we actually got crosses in there’s no movement, no commitment, no battling. 
all stand waiting for ball to hit em on head. 
don’t seem to have any other plan

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

At least Monk has stopped that STUPID thing at kick  off where Bannan just smashes the ball out for a throw in

Now we've improved it to Bannan just smashing it to their goalkeeper

neil I’ve never actually asked, but who would you actually like as manager if monk was sacked? 

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"The lads ran their hearts out today. We are just missing that killer edge. "We dominated the game and got ourselves into positions we planned to get into but at this moment we just can’t find that killer edge."

"I thought they gave everything today. They ran their socks off and kept pushing to the end. "It’s just not going for us at this moment in time."

"The effort and commitment has been there, especially in today’s game. The control was exactly where it needs to be but that killer edge wasn’t and that is the most important part."

"They are capable of doing it but they are probably low on confidence at this time. "When you are confident, everything you try goes in. We are in a moment where things that we are trying are not coming off."

When asked why he thought he was still the right man for the job, Monk told the media, “Because I believe in the work that I do… I’ve proven that I can win games in this league. It’s a tough moment, it’s the toughest situation I’ve been in. Not just this season.

“But I have belief in myself, and that I can win games at this level. I believe I can do a good job for any club that I work for, and I want to do a good job for this club.

“I’m not happy with my overall record, but there are certain elements that have gone into that that are out of my control. Ultimately it’s my responsibility, and I have no problem with that.”

He went on to say, “Nobody will be hurting more than me - tomorrow, until the next game, whenever that may be, than myself - the manager of this football club, the manager of these players.

“I have full responsibility for it all - put it this way, I’m not going to have a great weekend.”

“Nobody will be hurting more than me - really Garry? You will get another club. We won't.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Markowski77 said:

neil I’ve never actually asked, but who would you actually like as manager if monk was sacked? 

I don't have a preference at all mate

I honestly do not care one bit anymore

I think our squad that we've assembled is that bad we're down and no new manager will stop it now

But one thing I wont do is want any particular manager, or hope for a great appointment because we all know that the only thing you can expect from Chansiri and his 'advisor' is the unexpected and we''ll end up with Borat Margaret Sagdiyev of Kazakhstan FC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop