Garry Monk's view of todays defeat - surely can't last any longer than tonight now?

4 minutes ago, Miffed said:

And that’s the bottom line.... there is absolutely no defending that whatsoever. 

There is no coming back from this

We had a better team and played better today. But as I’ve said, we are not creating the chances needed to win games. That hasn’t changed over the last 4 games and there are no signs it will. And, more than sufficient balls went into the box today for someone to get something. 

Edited by Pieman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"The lads ran their hearts out today. We are just missing that killer edge. "We dominated the game and got ourselves into positions we planned to get into but at this moment we just can’t find that killer edge."

"I thought they gave everything today. They ran their socks off and kept pushing to the end. "It’s just not going for us at this moment in time."

"The effort and commitment has been there, especially in today’s game. The control was exactly where it needs to be but that killer edge wasn’t and that is the most important part."

"They are capable of doing it but they are probably low on confidence at this time. "When you are confident, everything you try goes in. We are in a moment where things that we are trying are not coming off."

When asked why he thought he was still the right man for the job, Monk told the media, “Because I believe in the work that I do… I’ve proven that I can win games in this league. It’s a tough moment, it’s the toughest situation I’ve been in. Not just this season.

“But I have belief in myself, and that I can win games at this level. I believe I can do a good job for any club that I work for, and I want to do a good job for this club.

“I’m not happy with my overall record, but there are certain elements that have gone into that that are out of my control. Ultimately it’s my responsibility, and I have no problem with that.”

He went on to say, “Nobody will be hurting more than me - tomorrow, until the next game, whenever that may be, than myself - the manager of this football club, the manager of these players.

“I have full responsibility for it all - put it this way, I’m not going to have a great weekend.”

Thanks for that Gary...we're not going to have a great weekend either

• Like 1

1. We didn’t dominate. We had as many shots on target as Wycombe. They had 97 passes in the attacking 3rd compared to our 139. Dominate is the wrong word. 

2. If they gave everything today then that’s the problem. The standard of what’s needed in too low. 

3. You haven’t proven you can win games at this level. You was fired from Boro with one of the biggest budgets the leagues seen. You’ve only managed 6 league wins from 32. 

Just a bad week eh. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

We had a better team and played better today. But as I’ve said, we are not creating the chances needed to win games. That hasn’t changed over the last 4 games and there are no signs it will. And, more than sufficient balls went into the box today for someone to get something. 

Did we play better, or were we playing a side that's really a League One side?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Playing fullbacks at CB because he doesn't want to change shape.

Losing 2 of our starting CM's but continues to play 3 CM's when we all know 2 aren't ready and one is terrible.

Tactically, he's awful.

Get back to basics, round pegs in round f'kin holes.

Yeah but he can't risk disrupting the 352 system that's been so successful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"The lads ran their hearts out today. We are just missing that killer edge. "We dominated the game and got ourselves into positions we planned to get into but at this moment we just can’t find that killer edge."

"I thought they gave everything today. They ran their socks off and kept pushing to the end. "It’s just not going for us at this moment in time."

"The effort and commitment has been there, especially in today’s game. The control was exactly where it needs to be but that killer edge wasn’t and that is the most important part."

"They are capable of doing it but they are probably low on confidence at this time. "When you are confident, everything you try goes in. We are in a moment where things that we are trying are not coming off."

When asked why he thought he was still the right man for the job, Monk told the media, “Because I believe in the work that I do… I’ve proven that I can win games in this league. It’s a tough moment, it’s the toughest situation I’ve been in. Not just this season.

“But I have belief in myself, and that I can win games at this level. I believe I can do a good job for any club that I work for, and I want to do a good job for this club.

“I’m not happy with my overall record, but there are certain elements that have gone into that that are out of my control. Ultimately it’s my responsibility, and I have no problem with that.”

He went on to say, “Nobody will be hurting more than me - tomorrow, until the next game, whenever that may be, than myself - the manager of this football club, the manager of these players.

“I have full responsibility for it all - put it this way, I’m not going to have a great weekend.”

We are all hurting more than Monk

• Like 1