Wycombe Wanderers vs Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

"I thought we were in control of the match. Then we got the sucker punch just before half time. There was only one team interested in playing in the second half."

"We're lacking that quality in the final third. All we can do is keep working hard and I'm sure we will get to the standard required. It's going to be a battle but I believe we can overcome the situation we find ourselves in"

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, GMOwl72 said:

C’mon mate. Yes Chansiri is a massive problem and needs to go or establish a structure around him that is effective but he isn’t on the training pitch every day or in the dug out and changing rooms, he doesn’t set the formation and tactics does he?

No, but he is an absent owner, who wants to make all the decisions but doesn't deal with things in a timely manner and lets things drift. Many employees are treating Hillsborough as a bit of a holiday camp (and were before lockdown) and this attitude is evident and can be observed by all at the club, including the players. If the owner doesn't really care and is pretty much useless then, guess what, that culture seeps through the club and into the team. Only a really strong manager could help stem the tide; Monk isn't that man. Yep, he needs to go but the problems run far deeper than the manager.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We all know Chansiri is a problem. But it’s something we can’t fix. It’s his club, he’s here and there’s not a lot we can do about it.

Monk has been backed with signings in the summer and needs to get the most out of them. He isn’t and, I’m sorry, the past three results are completely unacceptable. Managers have worked for difficult chairman in testing circumstances in the past and have fared a lot better than this clueless manager is doing. 

Let’s fix what we can. The manager isn’t good enough. Get rid. We are going down with him, we are already pretty much down, so give it someone else to see if they can do better. 

As I’ve said to you a few times, you have to look at our situation and the type of players we could attract because of it, that’s on Chansiri

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What time will Chansiri call Monk?

It's a long  way back from Wycombe

Will he find out on the coach home?

*Newsflash*

Ollie has just received a call.

Chansiri just asked him how to find Blackpool for next season. Also asked him what he thought about Stan Ternant.

Guest everydays_wednesday
2 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Surely GM must be embarrassed. I’m embarrassed for him. Have some pride man and go. 

Needs the woman who confronted Terry Yorath !!

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

We are in the mess we are in because of our owner, and could only attract the lower quality players we brought in this summer because of it. By calling for Monk to go, you let Chansiri get away with what he’s responsible for. A new manager might get 4/5 good results and then we will revert back to this. Chansiri needs to go before Monk. 

They can give each other a lift for me mate!