Football lockdown

Should be cancelled until fans can go back in to stadiums.

By going online only they're making a rod for their own back and pushing away the only constant things at a football club.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Manwë said:

By going online only they're making a rod for their own back and pushing away the only constant things at a football club.

That would wipe out this season and quite possibly next season too.

You’d imagine they’ll keep the PL going. Gate receipts negligible. Championship who knows? 

8 hours ago, Dot said:

things is, its different this time as we are only a few games in so less at stake cancelling the season.

if we are locked down until December as is the general concensus, then its going to be mid December before we can restart. we are already playing weekend/midweek/weekend every week so how do clubs make up the games?

factor in this lockdown will 100% send some clubs under

To be honest I think sport is the one thing where they seem to have got the testing under control. France who have now gone into a lockdown are carrying on with sport I’m 99% sure we will follow suit. The biggest concern is the amount of clubs that will now go to the wall with no potential for fans to return to grounds until at least spring.

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

What happens if it’s 2 years until fans can go back in? Nobody knows how long it will be. Can’t blame the clubs for trying to do something.

Guest The Claw
17 hours ago, Dot said:

Its looking nailed on that we're going into full lock down as of next week.

what do we reckon, will it end the season and reset to August kick off for new season?

refund in 20 year

Everything will go bust , busiest time of year xmas shopping black friday etc retail cant survive without this income , a serious amount of people wont even be able to put food on the table , i know the situation in hospitals but i thought these masks work? So surely a complete full lockdown will do very very serious damage to many people. Its very sad its a mess. 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Everything will go bust , busiest time of year xmas shopping black friday etc retail cant survive without this income , a serious amount of people wont even be able to put food on the table , i know the situation in hospitals but i thought these masks work? So surely a complete full lockdown will do very very serious damage to many people. Its very sad its a mess. 

Massive damage. As a business owner I’m concerned. We were well run but still had to let staff go due to work falling 50% overnight. If we lock down again we’re all in the doodoo.  I can’t imagine how pubs have survived this far. Another lockdown will finish a lot off. I can’t see them giving us the same financial support this time either. If it’s in the form of loans, that’s just tightening the noose. 

Just now, dykwim said:

Massive damage. As a business owner I’m concerned. We were well run but still had to let staff go due to work falling 50% overnight. If we lock down again we’re all in the doodoo.  I can’t imagine how pubs have survived this far. Another lockdown will finish a lot off. I can’t see them giving us the same financial support this time either. If it’s in the form of loans, that’s just tightening the noose. 

Frightening m8 , even more depressing they say this will be around for 20-30 years . Just nothing to look forward to. Im ok money wise , but so many now  are in serious trouble no way of paying bills and even putting food on the table . 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

Frightening m8 , even more depressing they say this will be around for 20-30 years . Just nothing to look forward to. Im ok money wise , but so many now  are in serious trouble no way of paying bills and even putting food on the table . 

All those deferred tax bills are due in January. Happy New Year!

oh it’s ok, you can pay it off over 12 months if you beg HMRC so that’s another £xx,xxx per month to find. Thanks 👍🏻

1 hour ago, dykwim said:

All those deferred tax bills are due in January. Happy New Year!

oh it’s ok, you can pay it off over 12 months if you beg HMRC so that’s another £xx,xxx per month to find. Thanks 👍🏻

Very scary. I just had my inheritance through and nearly started a food business weeks before the pandemic then held off. Can't see football being locked down as already no fans attending anyway.

10 hours ago, wmb said:

What happens if it’s 2 years until fans can go back in? Nobody knows how long it will be. Can’t blame the clubs for trying to do something.

They could have furloughed players, who are the highest paid and probably least productive during the lockdown period.  Each championship club would have saved £Ms.  Clubs didn't try hard enough.