Just one bad week!

I am so pleased that Monk has just had the one bad week since becoming SWFC manager.

It must be bad dreams when I have the following recall:

Blackburn 2 Wednesday 1 (1-0 to Wednesday in the 90th minute)

Wednesday 0 Blackburn 5

Brentford 5 Wednesday 0

Luton 1 Wednesday 0 (Luton missed a pen and also 3 sitters)

Rotherham Utd 3 Wednesday 0

Thank the Lord I was only dreaming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

He said one bad week this season.

Which when you consider that we had a surprising number of posters predicting we'd easily stay up and maybe even reach the playoffs following the Birmingham game, he's not miles wide of the mark, is he?

Yes, things are going badly and Monk is struggling. That doesn't mean we need to twist what he says just to have another dig, though.

• Like 3

Perform like we have of late and it won’t be long until Monk is saying it’s just been a bad 10 days, a bad couple of weeks, a bad month and so on. If we are to change the manager it needs to be done now to give us the best chance possible to stay up. As I’ve said even a win tomorrow would just be papering over the cracks imo. 2 home games coming up next against 2 of the better teams. I wonder how they will go. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daz said:

The reality is that it’s been 10 very bad months with no end in sight while he remains manager.

I have zero belief in his tactics, knowing his formation, seeing what he is trying to build and that he can motivate the team - the football is as negative and dull as I can ever remember, we often look lazy like we are playing in friendlies and we have no discernible Plan A let alone a Plan B.

We will not show any signs of life or improvement until he’s gone. He’s so far out of his depth and is clueless about setting up to WIN games more often than we lose.

I can’t begin to explain the amount of unacceptable capitulations and unacceptable games in the last 12 months. I don’t even think you’ve named enough of them! :laugh:

Blackburn 2-1 - We led 1-0 on 87th minute. 

Swansea 2-2 - We took the lead in the 91st minute. 

Stoke 3-2 - We led 2-1 in the 92nd minute. 

Cardiff 2-1 - 2-0 down after 8 minute.

Blackburn 5-0 - Enough said

Wigan 2-1 - 1-0 up at HT. Lose 2-1 to a last minute Wigan goal. 

Reading 3-0 - Atrocious.

Birmingham 3-3 - 3-2 up going into injury time. 

Derby 3-1 - 3-0 down at HT for the 2nd time at home that season. 

Brentford 5-0 - Yet again 3-0 down at HT. One of the most one sided games you’ll ever see at this level. 

WBA 3-0 - Yep another team comes to Hillsborough and puts 3 past us without getting into 3rd gear. 

Preston 3-1. We led 1-0 in the 77th minute, somehow let another team put 3 past us. 

Fulham 5-3 - Scoreline flattered us. The 3rd time in 2020 we have conceded 5. 

Middlesbrough 2-1 - Take a 1-0 lead and yet again concede in injury time. Assombalonga scoring in the 93rd minute to win it. 

QPR 1-1 - We lead 1-0 in the 94th minute. You know what happens next. 

Rotherham 3-0 - Rotherham’s biggest ever win against us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He said one bad week this season.

Which when you consider that we had a surprising number of posters predicting we'd easily stay up and maybe even reach the playoffs following the Birmingham game, he's not miles wide of the mark, is he?

Yes, things are going badly and Monk is struggling. That doesn't mean we need to twist what he says just to have another dig, though.

We clearly have a number of fans who don’t watch the games and go purely on results. After 6 games we had 8 points and you’d have said other than getting 3 instead of 1 against QPR that was as good as could be expected.

However if you actually watch the games it’s been as clear as day all season we have issues. Inevitably results turn bad when performances have been dire the whole time. People should have learnt that from last season

Guest LondonOwl313
15 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I can’t begin to explain the amount of unacceptable capitulations and unacceptable games in the last 12 months. I don’t even think you’ve named enough of them! :laugh:

Reading 3-0 - Atrocious.

Brentford 5-0 - Yet again 3-0 down at HT. One of the most one sided games you’ll ever see at this level. 

WBA 3-0 - Yep another team comes to Hillsborough and puts 3 past us without getting into 3rd gear. 

Preston 3-1. We led 1-0 in the 77th minute, somehow let another team put 3 past us. 

Middlesbrough 2-1 - Take a 1-0 lead and yet again concede in injury time. Assombalonga scoring in the 93rd minute to win it. 

Embarrassing and clearly the managers fault. Never happened this badly under anyone else and we’ve tried changing all the players and it still happens 

55 minutes ago, Daz said:

The reality is that it’s been 10 very bad months with no end in sight while he remains manager.

I have zero belief in his tactics, knowing his formation, seeing what he is trying to build and that he can motivate the team - the football is as negative and dull as I can ever remember, we often look lazy like we are playing in friendlies and we have no discernible Plan A let alone a Plan B.

We will not show any signs of life or improvement until he’s gone. He’s so far out of his depth and is clueless about setting up to WIN games more often than we lose.

sums it up quite well Daz 

Daz nails it and 0114 provides a great diary of an horrific year under Monk.

Short clips of added time over the last year would make a great Monk's House of Horrors movie.

We should though be thankful that Monk "knows what a good dressing room looks like"!!!

34 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Reading 3-0 - Atrocious.

That really is terrible. I've tried to forget most of those but that really hits home as to what a mess we're in. Can't think of many clubs that would tolerate that without sacking the manager. Unbelievable really.  Thanks for ruining my weekend. 

20 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We clearly have a number of fans who don’t watch the games and go purely on results. After 6 games we had 8 points and you’d have said other than getting 3 instead of 1 against QPR that was as good as could be expected.

However if you actually watch the games it’s been as clear as day all season we have issues. Inevitably results turn bad when performances have been dire the whole time. People should have learnt that from last season

I don't think performances have been dire the whole time, though.

Yes, we clearly have some issues - particularly a lack of quality going forwards - but for the most part we've looked like an average Championship team who have been competitive in most games until these last couple of matches.

It also doesn't change the fact that this thread is going off on one about something Monk didn't actually say.

I can only assume that Arenotwhat seem missed the following matches under Monk:

Wednesday 0 Blackburn 5

Wednesday 0 Reading 3

Brentford 5 Wednesday 0

Luton 1 Wednesdsay (Luton also missed a pen and 3 absolute sitters)

Monk now has a worse win % than Luhukay.

Monk is both abject and inept.

47 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Reading 3-0 - Atrocious.

That highlights something more than a struggling manager to me. All those late goals, eight games if you can believe it, tells me we did not have leaders on the pitch. Now Flint is injured we don't again. We have a bunch of mentally weak soft ******** out there who either don't have the intelligence or grit to see a game out. 

That's nothing to do with a manager on the sidelines however bad he is.