Our worst ever managers

You missed out danny "we've only got 6 good players"williams.......he was followed by Dooley and that didn't work out too well either......we have a long history of appointing disappointing managers and I have no great expectation that's going to change in the foreseeable 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, torryowl said:

You missed out danny "we've only got 6 good players"williams.......he was followed by Dooley and that didn't work out too well either......we have a long history of appointing disappointing managers and I have no great expectation that's going to change in the foreseeable 

I know what your saying. And there is a long list of poor, worse, disaster. But three times in my life we got to disaster and made a good decision. The three worst in memory are the ones I class as disaster points. I think monk is currently 4th and may sink lower if he stays. Just trying to find a silver lining to the big dark cloud that currently engulfs us

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Danny Wilson is the worst manager ever 

Jos was rubbish but in the bottom 3 that's just been plain silly 

Danny Wilson had a good career as a manager, lasted about 20 years and did good jobs at lots of places. Just not at Hillsborough sadly.. should have stuck with big Ron.

It seems to me like we’ve always been a club that relies heavily on a few players and we need a manager that gets something out of them. All of our managers who’ve thrown them under a bus have been a disaster 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Danny Wilson had a good career as a manager, lasted about 20 years and did good jobs at lots of places. Just not at Hillsborough sadly.. should have stuck with big Ron.

It seems to me like we’ve always been a club that relies heavily on a few players and we need a manager that gets something out of them. All of our managers who’ve thrown them under a bus have been a disaster 

Can't agree with the that 

Bottled it at Hillsborough, mind the gap season 

And had disasters at Bristol, Chesterfield and hartlepool 

Just a lower league journeyman 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Danny Wilson and Trevor Francis weren't football managers

They were football PLAYERS given a managers job

Add monk to that and we agree

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

We could continue a trend by having managers that fail at this club. Let’s go for the ultimate failure and appoint Jeremy Corbyn. What’s he doing now he isn’t a member of the Labour Party 😂

Tactics would be rubbish we'd only attack down the left wing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Can't agree with the that 

Bottled it at Hillsborough, mind the gap season 

And had disasters at Bristol, Chesterfield and hartlepool 

Just a lower league journeyman 

Well his plus points are 23 years as a manager without much time out of work. Looking at his Wikipedia page it seems like he lasted 2-4 years at every club so if he was that bad surely he’d have been out within a year (as has happened to Monk 3 times already in 5 jobs). Got Barnsley promoted.. guided Wednesday to 12th year 1 which was par for the course but then struggled without the big name players, looked out of his depth and should have gone earlier. 

Also had a reputation for playing good football. He was poor for us but will tell you what, when Monks done as a manager his CV won’t be as lengthy 

Chris Turner didn't do fantastically well, I remember sitting in the pub when D A sacked him. Think we were 3rd bottom in L1. What he did do though was bring in young players such as Brunt and Whealen. He could spot a good un, but also some bad uns.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marshy said:

Chris Turner didn't do fantastically well, I remember sitting in the pub when D A sacked him. Think we were 3rd bottom in L1. What he did do though was bring in young players such as Brunt and Whealen. He could spot a good un, but also some bad uns.

For every Brunt and Whealen, there was a Tidman and Olsen 🤯